• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
The awning is up at The Real Sammie's. Website is up too!

Sammy is full of ____. He ONLY cares about making oney. I showed him some real estate a long time ago for Sammy's and he kept saying how he made x amount of money for the owners of Gallant Night and now it was time for him to get his $. It was is and will always be about the money for Sammy.

Sammy's in midtown is one of our favorite spots to go dancing (we were there last weekend). We've heard the buzz on the Spazzmatics, but we always go on Friday or Saturday to see Faye Robinson and the Mid City Players. Excellent band, cool crowd, great atmosphere, and even easy parking. We'll check out Sammie's new place, but we have no plans to stop going to Sammy's.

Sammy is full of ____. He ONLY cares about making oney. I showed him some real estate a long time ago for Sammy's and he kept saying how he made x amount of money for the owners of Gallant Night and now it was time for him to get his $. It was is and will always be about the money for Sammy.

I read somewhere that Sammy's in Midtown was about the money for Sammy, but the "real Sammie's" will be about the music... Maybe he realized it wasn't fun on the business side of things?

I could not agree more. That 80's cover band called the Spazmatics sucks on Thursdays. Good for you Sammie.

You have got to be kidding...The Spazmatics Suck.....obviously you have never seen them or if you have you don't know how to have fun!!They are awsome..Go Sammy's at 2016 main!!! Sammie can go on down the road with "the Pink Monkey"!!

I read somewhere that Sammy's in Midtown was about the money for Sammy, but the "real Sammie's" will be about the music... Maybe he realized it wasn't fun on the business side of things?

I read the same thing too....I heard the only reason he left was because they put him on a budget...$xx,xxx.xx a month it must be hard to work for 2 hours a week and make that kind of money...maybe they will hire me to sing there LOL!!

2 hours a week? even at the beginning his sets weren't that long! he was out there for a couple of songs then he would disappear for the night. every other band they brought in pulled more of a crowd. he's good, but he never seemed to care. hopefully this time things will be different, but from what i hear he's impossible to work with.

and say what you want about the Spazmatics, but they are entertaining and are good at what they do- and that's put on a show. you can't really argue with a packed house every thursday for 18+ months straight.

I don't see I problem with him wanting to make money.

You have got to be kidding...The Spazmatics Suck.....obviously you have never seen them or if you have you don't know how to have fun!!They are awsome..Go Sammy's at 2016 main!!! Sammie can go on down the road with "the Pink Monkey"!!

Unfortunately I see The Spazmatics more than I would like...usually when I get draged in by some friends. They lip sync a lot and half of the music is synthesized. About the only thing real is the drummer. If I wanted to listen to 80's music I would watch Molly and The Ringwalds because they actually play.

The girls seem to love The Spazmatics, so I guess they are doing something right.

Edited by ToolMan

I don't see I problem with him wanting to make money.

Unfortunately I see The Spazmatics more than I would like...usually when I get draged in by some friends. They lip sync a lot and half of the music is synthesized. About the only thing real is the drummer. If I wanted to listen to 80's music I would watch Molly and The Ringwalds because they actually play.

The girls seem to love The Spazmatics, so I guess they are doing something right.

well there you go....Being I am a girl....(grew up in the 80's) and I love them and yes we usualy do drag all of our guy friends....I think they "our guy friends"" have more fun people watching all of these "girls" and by the end of the night they admit "they did have fun"... give it a try again and go with the right people....start out at El Patio with one or two of those Blue margaitas....that will put you in a fun dancing mood foe sure :rolleyes: !!

give it a try again and go with the right people....start out at El Patio with one or two of those Blue margaitas....that will put you in a fun dancing mood foe sure

This sounds like a plan...the blue margaitas always make things more enjoyable. Especially with cute girls around.

• 2 months later...
Edited by Downtown

I went about a month ago and was pretty disappointed. The bar itself is tiny and the bartenders were pretty awful. It was impossible to get a drink. And the place smells really, really bad. I'm guessing that's something that will be tough to solve due to the location right on the Bayou.

I probably won't be back. I like the Midtown location much better.

• 2 weeks later...
I was reading the Houston Press last week and noticed an ad along the lines of "New Sammy's" or "Real Sammy's". Anyways, the location was downtown, not the Midtown Main location. Does anyone know anything about this?

Yes, The Real Sammie on 711 Franklin is open. Sammy is trying to go at it all by himself. The bar is open on Friday and Saturday nights only for now and Sammy Performs. If you are a true fan of Sammy all these years, please come out to support him

The website is http://www.therealsammie.com

e-mail sammie at 711@therealsammie.com

I went about a month ago and was pretty disappointed. The bar itself is tiny and the bartenders were pretty awful. It was impossible to get a drink. And the place smells really, really bad. I'm guessing that's something that will be tough to solve due to the location right on the Bayou.

I probably won't be back. I like the Midtown location much better.

I heard the same thing...we actually drove by and had plans of stopping in....but we were too scared to get out of our car :o

Goog luck down there ........ we are staying in Midtown!