The East Side Wants A New Name

Does the East Side/End really want a new name or is it being forced to create a name?

Doesn't make sense. :mellow: Will this new name be ingraved on overhead arches as you enter, etc? It already sounds ............

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kind of like "The Triangle" for that little area. It includes Old Chinatown and what was once the Warehouse District, as well as originally being a chunk of Third Ward, but none of those really applies anymore and it's certainly distinct from the rest of the East End.

I forget the cross street, but haven't yall seen on Harrisburg those yellow stucco-type wall signs they made? It says East End.

WHAT? In bold letters.

When did that go up? Oh well sounds better than Brown End.

I'm thinking Lockmat means the yellow and orange tile design you see on some buildings and bus stop garbage containers that say "East End Management Distict." I've seen them around.

maybe, maybe not?

I saw at least two for sure and I think they were at the same intersection. They are about three feet tall and five feet wide, sitting on the ground and cresent shaped.

They only say "East End"

They may have been near the intersection where that south strip of sidewalk is, where they just redid it with colorful tile and stuff.

----

edit: my friend says they were cement.

Nostalgia:

Wuthering Heights

Tara

Bedford Falls

Peyton Place

Future:

Xanadu

Thunderdome

Waterworld

Planet X

Ethnic:

Little Tijuana

Nuevo Leon II

Coochie coochie

We No need No Stinking Badges

Ritzy$:

East End Oaks

East End Hills

Marta's Vineyard

East End Manor's or Gable's

Disclaimer:The following comments are not those nessesarily reflective of this news station. Any similarities/resemblance to any actual living or dead nabe/hood is purely coincidental.Void where prohibited. :)

Archived