Houston / Dfw Hostility?

Ok, I'm new here and I have a few questions.

I live in Houston and love it, but travel to Dallas / Ft. Worth a lot for business (I also love DFW).

It appears that there is a ton of hostility on this forum between DFW and Houston...why?

Both places are great cities in Texas, what's all the fuss about?

Facts from my well traveled eyes and ears:

Right now DFW is winning the overall growth war.

The new arts district 300 million grant will make the downtown/uptown area of Dallas one of the largest in the nation. There will be a park that covers the highway dividing downtown and uptown (sorry, I can never remeber the name of that highway).

The multi billion dollar trinity river project along with the multi-multi-million dollar Victory project will easily make the downtown Dallas area the largest and most active in the state and again, probably one of the most active in the country.

Houston has a lot of great projects going on as well. The new stadium, convention center, and aquarium downtown are all great. Right now I think we are beating Dallas in downtown (not including Dallas' Deep Ellum) entertainment and number of restaurants.

Houston has more fortune 500 companies

With my expense account I get to eat out a lot in Dallas and Houston and I have to give the nod to DFW for the restaurants...they have a number of nationally known chefs and it just seems to be a much more affluent culture overall.

I think Houston vs Dallas (just Dallas), Houston seems and is a LOT bigger. DFW vs Houston metro, well DFW seems bigger and is bigger.

Dallas vs Houston rail system...well, DFW's is probably 5 times larger and the expansion plans are also larger. After all of the people getting hit in Houston I'm starting to get concerned about the layout.

In the end, both cities have great things going on. Houston is one massive city with fewer suburbs to retire to. Dallas/Ft. Worth offers a bunch of diverse neighborhoods that offers a lot of options on the type of place you want to live in. I think overall DFW will win the population war and the downtown/uptown growth (probably because there's a lot more money and the infrastructure is better).

Houston and DFW both rock.

I know most will dissagree but I love the rivalry and I'm not from Texas. I played Football through 12th grade and the most fun we had was playing our rivals. I don't have a problem with spirited conversation as long as it doesn't get ugly.

We should be able to agree to dissagree and not take it personally.

I to am in Dallas quite a bit and it's a cool town but I've always liked Houston a lot better for a number of reasons.

Ok, I'm new here and I have a few questions.

I live in Houston and love it, but travel to Dallas / Ft. Worth a lot for business (I also love DFW).

It appears that there is a ton of hostility on this forum between DFW and Houston...why?

Both places are great cities in Texas, what's all the fuss about?

Facts from my well traveled eyes and ears:

Right now DFW is winning the overall growth war.

The new arts district 300 million grant will make the downtown/uptown area of Dallas one of the largest in the nation.  There will be a park that covers the highway dividing downtown and uptown (sorry, I can never remeber the name of that highway).

The multi billion dollar trinity river project along with the multi-multi-million dollar Victory project will easily make the downtown Dallas area the largest and most active in the state and again, probably one of the most active in the country.

Houston has a lot of great projects going on as well.  The new stadium, convention center, and aquarium downtown are all great.  Right now I think we are beating Dallas in downtown (not including Dallas' Deep Ellum) entertainment and number of restaurants.

Houston has more fortune 500 companies

With my expense account I get to eat out a lot in Dallas and Houston and I have to give the nod to DFW for the restaurants...they have a number of nationally known chefs and it just seems to be a much more affluent culture overall.

I think Houston vs Dallas (just Dallas), Houston seems and is a LOT bigger.  DFW vs Houston metro, well DFW seems bigger and is bigger.

Dallas vs Houston rail system...well, DFW's is probably 5 times larger and the expansion plans are also larger.  After all of the people getting hit in Houston I'm starting to get concerned about the layout. 

In the end, both cities have great things going on.  Houston is one massive city with fewer suburbs to retire to.  Dallas/Ft. Worth offers a bunch of diverse neighborhoods that offers a lot of options on the type of place you want to live in.  I think overall DFW will win the population war and the downtown/uptown growth (probably because there's a lot more money and the infrastructure is better).

Houston and DFW both rock.

here we go again. i totally disagree with you.let's talk about other things and leave this subject alone and move on. these dallas vs houston topics are wearing me out.

I hate the "Dallatude". It is ridiculous. It is the land of living beyond your means. As far as restaurants, I think Houston wins.

Oh yeah, and the downtown streets have no rhyme or reason. And the freeways change numbers if drive on them long enough.

Ok, so I am one of the hostile posters that hates Dallas.

I was in Dallas last weekend and was reminded of why I love Houston so much.