Us Cities Based On World Connectivity

The Brookings Institution just released its rankings of US Cities based on world connectivity. Here's the list:

1) New York

2) Chicago

3) Los Angeles

4) San Francisco

5) Miami

6) Atlanta

7) Washinton, DC

8) Boston

9) Dallas

10) Houston

11) Seattle

12) Denver

13) Philadelphia

14) Minneapolis

15) St. Louis

16) Detroit

17) San Diego

18) Portland

19) Charlotte

20) Cleveland

21) Indianapolis

22) Kansas City

23) Pittsburgh

24) Baltimore

25) Phoenix

26) Cincinnati

27) Tampa

28) Columbus

29) San Jose

30) Rochester

31) Palo Alto

32) Hartford

33) Richmond

34) Bufffalo

35) Honolulu

36) Las Vegas

37) New Orleans

38) Sacramento

39) Omaha

40) Wilmington

You know the more and more I look at the list the more that just makes sense. I was having a hard time with how high on the list San Fran was but if you take headquarters into account... well there you go.

San Fran is easy. It is the high-tech mecca. Oracle. Cisco. Sun Microsystems. Intel. Just to name a few. And they are all big global players. And I think Seattle is so high in the list primarily because of Boeing, Microsoft and Starbucks. The three do billions of dollars worth of business with the rest of the world.

San Fran is easy. It is the high-tech mecca. Oracle. Cisco. Sun Microsystems. Intel. Just to name a few. And they are all big global players. And I think Seattle is so high in the list primarily because of Boeing, Microsoft and Starbucks.  The three do billions of dollars worth of business with the rest of the world.

Perhaps. Boeing is in Chicago, though, not Seattle.

Still this list means little to me. As with most lists like this, I'd like to see the criteria for the report.

No, this does not sound right.. ATLANTA over HOUSTON?  is it because of CNN?  a big airport?  Ted Turner?

A close runner airport-wise...are you kidding me. In terms of size and traffic Houston's airports and Atlanta Hartsfield are on opposite ends of the spectrum. We can't compete with Atlanta in the realm of airports. When DFW opens their new International terminal in a few months they will again become the busiest airport in the world...

A close runner airport-wise...are you kidding me.  In terms of size and traffic Houston's airports and Atlanta Hartsfield are on opposite ends of the spectrum.  We can't compete with Atlanta in the realm of airports.  When DFW opens their new International terminal in a few months they will again become the busiest airport in the world...

Houston IAH isnt that far behind Atlanta. We do about half the domestic travelers (we are ranked 8th to Atlantas 1st) but dont say 'size' cause IAH is more than twice as big landwise. We do nearly the same number of international passengers. I wouldnt say thats on opposite ends of the spectrum.

The Brookings Institution just released its rankings of US Cities based on world connectivity.  Here's the list:

1) New York

2) Chicago

3) Los Angeles

4) San Francisco

5) Miami

6) Atlanta

7) Washinton, DC

8) Boston

9) Dallas

10) Houston

11) Seattle

12) Denver

13) Philadelphia

14) Minneapolis

15) St. Louis

16) Detroit

17) San Diego

18) Portland

19) Charlotte

20) Cleveland

21) Indianapolis

22) Kansas City

23) Pittsburgh

24) Baltimore

25) Phoenix

26) Cincinnati

27) Tampa

28) Columbus

29) San Jose

30) Rochester

31) Palo Alto

32) Hartford

33) Richmond

34) Bufffalo

35) Honolulu

36) Las Vegas

37) New Orleans

38) Sacramento

39) Omaha

40) Wilmington

Crap. Completely overlooks Oklahoma and some Texan cities, and includes PUNY little Wilmington, NC. :lol:

• 1 year later...