Downtown Today

jayshoota

The Metro coming home from downtown tonight was INSANE! It felt like I was in Tokyo or something.

Photos coming soon...

Get the photos! And imagine what it would have been like if all of the Inner City lines were complete.

It was actually a very mixed crowd, although a group of students happened to be in front of me.

there seemed to be an extraordinarily large number of students there. Took a few pictures. All of them VERY unPC. Think Trae's former pic. :)

There were a few Rice students but certainly not the majority. I talked to a bunch of students from UH, and a doctor I know on the train. The train was still packed when it left Memorial Hermann station (the last stop for Rice students), and I am guessing it was above capacity. There were old people, young people, doctors, students, it was a big mix.

Unfortunately not all Rice students get free passes, only the undergrads (2500 students approximately).

I was in Houston that day and drove downtown just to see if I would be able to be one of the walkins without a ticket. I got downtown at about 6:20 or 6:30 after sitting in traffic in the Galleria area. This was the first time I had been downtown in a few years I think. I exited on Louisiana and just figured I would find the Toyota Center some how. I rode around, turned down a lot of street and finally found the Toyota Center. At first I didn't recognize it because it was kind of getting dark and the roof seemed to blend in with the sky. All I saw was red letters on the roof and as I got closer I noticed it was the Toyota Center. It was very very crowded, people were everywhere. At that point I realized that I would not be able to get in because 1, the lines and 2, no where to park without having to pay. I have to admit though downtown Houston is looking NICE! I got to see the tower going up in front of the new park, and I think HP construction. There was a big wall on the opposite side the street of Ernst & Young advertising the Discovery green area development. But for some reason I didn't get to see the park. I also noticed lots of signs up advertising new development in Midtown. Now I understanding why people on here like downtown better than Uptown, it was really happening that night!

My mom went with some friends. Didn't get any pictures though. I bet the METRORail would be a lot more crowded if the other lines were built. A lot easier for students at UH, TSU, St. Thomas, etc., to get there.

Archived