Austin To Get A 30-Story Pelli Designed Tower

editor

Got this e-mail today. Good news for Austin and Pelli fans.

--------------------

(AUSTIN, TX) -- The Austin Museum of Art (AMOA) unveiled a rendering for the new downtown Museum facility and multi-purpose co-development that will be built on the block it owns at Fourth and Guadalupe Streets today. Additionally, a lead gift of $3 million from Bettye H. and William C. Nowlin for this phase of the institution

How exactly is it "fresh"? Houston may not be setting the world on fire with it's current design trend, but there are certainly a number of towers that have gone up, or have been proposed that are better than this.

Edit: I was refering to H-Town mans following statement, not Dal's which I initally replied to.

"It is at least fresh. More than can be said for most of what's proposed in Houston"

How exactly is it "fresh"? Houston may not be setting the world on fire with it's current design trend, but there are certainly a number of towers that have gone up, or have been proposed that are better than this.

Edit: I was refering to H-Town mans following statement, not Dal's which I initally replied to.

"It is at least fresh. More than can be said for most of what's proposed in Houston"

The facade seems fresh and contemporary to me. It's a subjective statement.

• The title was changed to Austin To Get A 30-Story Pelli Designed Tower

Archived