New Sitcom On Tv Based In Houston

citykid09

And while he's on the phone with her, it should show him setting up a mass email regarding his predicament - you know, he's got millions he needs to wire to the U.S., but just needs a bank account number and some personal info to set it up...lol

In many of the schemes the "bank account" info is never used. It's a test to see if the victim is gullible.

The scammers get the victim's money via Western Union or Moneygram transfers OR by luring the victim to West Africa (or another location) and convincing him or her to give the scammers money there.

At first only show the scammer via his hands on the keyboard. Later we see his face...

Should Michelle actually fly to Africa and get robbed and kidnapped? Or should she be stopped at the last minute? What would be a better scenario?

In many of the schemes the "bank account" info is never used. It's a test to see if the victim is gullible.

The scammers get the victim's money via Western Union or Moneygram transfers OR by luring the victim to West Africa (or another location) and convincing him or her to give the scammers money there.

At first only show the scammer via his hands on the keyboard. Later we see his face...

Should Michelle actually fly to Africa and get robbed and kidnapped? Or should she be stopped at the last minute?

LOL, so my memory fails me - haven't seen one of those emails in about 5 years, haha... Was never actually asked to travel to Africa, though :)

I DO remember when someone actually scammed a Nigerian scammer and got a wooden commodore 64 out of it

Wow...guys, really - come on. You're trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill...no, that's not quite right - a gold brick out of a pile of _____? You're definitely trying to create a completely different show than what this trailer hints at... I have to admit I laughed harder at the "new hit series" line on that trailer than anything in the actual clip

BTW, the quality obviously sucks, but thing could be produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and it'd stilll be terrible...I think I'd prefer to watch Fool's Gold or the Hottie and the Nottie...or he$, a 24 hr Reba marathon :) I'm probably tainted by the trailer I just watched, but I think any post-Katrina related family drama (comedy won't work here IMO) would work better in the form of a made for TV movie than a television series...I mean, how long could you really drag this storyline out?

I have to admit, though - I loved the the Nigerian con man idea :)

You never know. It can change... It isn't like it is in major production.

They've dragged Prison Break this long. A family-drama should be easy. They can have three episodes (or more) on just Katrina alone. Not to mention Rita. That can be multiple episodes (evacuation, etc.).

You never know. It can change... It isn't like it is in major production.

They've dragged Prison Break this long. A family-drama should be easy. They can have three episodes (or more) on just Katrina alone. Not to mention Rita. That can be multiple episodes (evacuation, etc.).

Haha...I hadn't thought about Rita - that could actually make for a pretty funny episode

I was probably a little harsh on the show, but I wouldn't recommend viewing the trailer after having a few drinks... Best of luck to them - it'd be cool to have a Houston-based show, even if none of us watch it

Could the editor please suspend the language filter for this thread so that we could accurately describe this show?

What amazing crap.

Did you actually watch the show?

Were there any issues with the show OTHER than what was already mentioned (reliance on stereotype, premise needing fixing, overacting in cabinet scene)?

I can't believe so many people responded to my thread. I would just like to see a Houston based show. If I had the money I would start my own Houston based network, television and movie studios. How much would it cost to start a network? By the way, what happened to PAX TV?

I can't believe so many people responded to my thread. I would just like to see a Houston based show. If I had the money I would start my own Houston based network, television and movie studios. How much would it cost to start a network? By the way, what happened to PAX TV?

It is now ION Television.

According to the blog of As for Me and My House they want some more actors to star in episodes 2 - 7!

So, if there are any HAIFers with loads of free time, maybe they can come on the show and make references to HAIF ;) - Or you guys can get the producers to take my ideas and Jeebus's ideas ;) ;)

According to the blog of As for Me and My House they want some more actors to star in episodes 2 - 7!

So, if there are any HAIFers with loads of free time, maybe they can come on the show and make references to HAIF ;) - Or you guys can get the producers to take my ideas and Jeebus's ideas ;) ;)

Maybe they'll get a spinoff sitcom called "HAIFers".

Announcer: What will those silly HAIFers do next? Join us next week when we see what happens when the HAIFers drive down one Houston street that changes names six times in a 10 mile stretch! Hilarity!

Archived