James Coney Island In Clear Lake

i thought i heard they were closing down. a coworker goes there quite a bit and was disappointed by the news.

Well great! Now I have to drive to the one on 45 near Edgebrook. I love that place. In the sixties mom used to take me to the one downtown where they had the old school desks for seating. No one had better Delaware Punch!

Edited by EastEnd Susan

Well great! Now I have to drive to the one on 45 near Edgebrook. I love that place. In the sixties mom used to take me to the one downtown where they had the old school desks for seating. No one had better Delaware Punch!

i am supposed to see her today. i will try and see if she has updated info.

I think JCI is still owned by Watermark, a company I had the displeasure of working for. Watermark has hit tough tough times. Perhaps some of you remember The Original Pasta Co. restaurant chain, and Marco's mexican and Luna's mexican ? All Watermark companies. The Pakistani gentleman who owns it got into some deep financial problems a few years back and then got an investor to infuse some money in, back a few years ago, but it has turned out to be a better tax right off than a moneymaker. I love JCI, I got one on Mason, good stuff.

Edited by TJones