Walker's Original BBQ

I got an e-mail forwarded to me about this new BBQ place from the d-mars advertising agency. To find some good BBQ, I'd usually have to take a nice drive and head up to Acres Homes to Burns' BBQ, since Thelma's salty attitude the last time I visited her turned me off from eating there again. Nice to find a good place in the area where I could sit down and eat if I wanted. When I stepped in, I was expecting your typical BBQ joint, nothing fancy. But I walked in to find a nicely appointed restaurant. No folding chairs or folding tables, menus at every table, they even had flat screen TVs! They have a nice wood counter at the front where they take your order, surrounded by stools. As for the food itself, I decided to play it safe and order a simple sliced beef sandwich. Cost was $5. I thought it was pretty good. It's not the absolute best BBQ I've ever had, but it's good enough for me to want to go back and try their other offerings, maybe I'll get a plate next time to sample their sides. They're closed on Mondays and Tuesdays, but they're open Wed-Sun and have live music on every friday and saturday. I'll have to let you know how subsequent visits go, and if some HAIFer has tried it too, let us know how your experience was.

• The title was changed to Walker's Original BBQ