Gordon B. Hinkley Dead At 97

gwilson

From the CNN article:

Hinckley spent 70 years working in the church and is considered the architect of its vast public relations network. He worked to defuse controversies over polygamy and to promote full inclusion of nonwhites.

Mormons believe the president of the church is a living prophet and apostle. They considered his words divinely inspired, including his views on homosexuality and the role of men and women in the home.

I've never quite understood how come the Lord could sometimes be in favor of monogomy and racial equality, other times, not so much. Nor am I clear on how someone can be more divinely inspired than anyone else. Are some of us less favored?

From the CNN article:

Hinckley spent 70 years working in the church and is considered the architect of its vast public relations network. He worked to defuse controversies over polygamy and to promote full inclusion of nonwhites.

Mormons believe the president of the church is a living prophet and apostle. They considered his words divinely inspired, including his views on homosexuality and the role of men and women in the home.

I've never quite understood how come the Lord could sometimes be in favor of monogomy and racial equality, other times, not so much. Nor am I clear on how someone can be more divinely inspired than anyone else. Are some of us less favored?

It isn't so much the Lord being ok with one thing one day and not the next. It has more to do with someone who is willing to no longer allow his earthly issues (be they prejudices or whatever) to cloud the promptings given to him by the Lord.

The biggest problem with religion is man. Religion would be perfect if not for that pesky human factor.

No, we're on a new cycle. Heath was predeceased by Vampira and Suzanne Pleshette.

I was gonna say that Brando's son, might have been part of it, I forgot that Pleshette died at the same time. Vampira I had no clue about at all.

Tex, I don't think some of us are "more favored", I just think the majority of us are more prone to be sheep and are in desperate need of a shepherd. Just glad I'm not one to go around all day saying "baaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!" at everything.

From the CNN article:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

Archived