Paul W. Horn Elementary School At 4530 Holly St.

sevfiv

Does anyone know details about the pending demolition/rebuild of Horn Elementary in Bellaire? Architect? Design? Timeline?

I heard that it was scheduled for this summer and current students would be shipped out until completion of the new school.

I attended school there from 3rd-5th grades and know that even then it was outgrowing the space, but I am scared of what will be put in its place (especially if it will try to blend in the "new" style of the neighborhood).

The only information I could (hastily) find was this, from the news page of the school:

Rebuild Horn Committee

It is not too late to get involved in the planning and rebuilding of our new school! Everyone is welcome!!! We are currently touring schools rebuilt under the 2002 bond and we still have several schools, which we need to assign out to be toured. We would like all school tours to be completed by the end of February 2008. Many of you may know there is pending litigation over the bond, but we are still moving forward as we know that eventually this will all be resolved and we want to be prepared. We have developed a list of questions for the volunteers touring the school to ask their tour guides and have solicited input from those impacted under the previous bond as well. If that doesn't work for you, there are numerous ways you can help so please consider doing your part! Once the tours are complete, we will assemble our "wish-list" for Horn and then the fun begins! We will likely want to do some additional fundraising to make sure that our new school has all the "perks" we can provide but it DOES take a village! It is going to be an exciting time for Horn in the upcoming months and I know you will want to be a part of it! If you would like to be involved, please email Maggie Solomon. Thanks so much!

http://es.houstonisd.org/hornes/hornnotes/hornnotes.html

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just about a couple years later and an update - the rebuild started and they're flipping the layout. The new school is being built on the Holly St. side where the fields were while classes are still being held in the original building. I wonder how thrilled the Holly St. people are about having the school facing them now..

hornelementary_102110_001.jpg

hornelementary_102110_002.jpg

hornelementary_102110_003.jpg

• 9 months later...
  • The title was changed to Paul W. Horn Elementary School At 4530 Holly St.