Houston Deco Modernistic Architecture Of The Texas Coast

memebag

Amazon just suggested a book called "Houston Deco: Modernistic Architecture of the Texas Coast" when I ordered "Cinema Houston". I haven't heard of this book before, and it looks like it was published recently. Any info on this?

I know they were planning an accompanying book, but wasn't sure how long it would take to come out after the site was posted.

It seem like the site was just in the planning stages - i guess it's been up for a while now.

n/m - here's the amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/Houston-Deco-Moderni...9045&sr=8-1

You can also buy it through GHPA - they just got a few boxes in

Amazon just suggested a book called "Houston Deco: Modernistic Architecture of the Texas Coast" when I ordered "Cinema Houston". I haven't heard of this book before, and it looks like it was published recently. Any info on this?

i recieved the houston deco book and the cinema houston book today. the deco book has lots of familiar pics but the cinema has lots of detail. also haif member and chron blogger JR Gonzales mentions the book Telephone Rd, Texas written by Burton Chapman in his blog today. another interesting book that i must get a copy of. He went to mt. carmel high school so he's from the area.

• The title was changed to Houston Deco Modernistic Architecture Of The Texas Coast

Archived