Uptown Office Market

lockmat

Chris Dornin, chief investment officer for Newport Beach, CA-based Chase Merritt, says there is an opportunity to add an office tower to the site. "We're trying to fine-tune what's feasible, but the opportunity to build one there is very real," he tells GlobeSt.com.

http://www.globest.com/news/1077_1077/houston/167607-1.html

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&...4&encType=1

• Like 1

All I can really say is that this news is interesting. The question is what they are going to do and if the tower is realistic for them.

That entire one crowded and insane area. The tower, while welcomed, will be looked upon with disdain once the flow of materials starts to increase as the construction moves along.

Make me wonder what form the tower would take (height and footprint).

Isn't there plans to build an office tower where 24 hour fitness currently is, and also the Willie G's locations? Does Uptown have a really low vacancy rate or something? It seems like all of a sudden there are a lot of proposals for office towers in the area.

Isn't there plans to build an office tower where 24 hour fitness currently is, and also the Willie G's locations? Does Uptown have a really low vacancy rate or something? It seems like all of a sudden there are a lot of proposals for office towers in the area.

Willie G's was sold and they'll be moving (was in the 9/21/07 Houston Business Journal). I heard that Brucette's Shoes just south of Willie G's on the corner of San Felipe and Post Oak was also sold and will be going out but haven't been able to find anything on that. Does anyone now what's to become of these sites? I go to the 24 Hour Fitness across Post Oak (formerly Q Club and I wish it were still a Q Club!!!) and can't believe they're long for life at this site, at least int the present form. With the new Cosmopolitan across the street just south of them, the Titan, which will be just to the east and all of the other development, I see 24 Hour Fitness out at their next lease renewal! Easy to imagine another condo tower on the site, and maybe a new 24 Hour Fitness on the lower floors. Anyone have the scoop?

• 6 months later...

Our good friends at Swampy has an update for us.

The proposed building being called Tower Five at Four Oaks Place is now set to be 30 stories tall, with 525,000 square feet of office space on 22 floors atop a parking garage with roughly 1,500 spaces, says Carleton Riser, head of Transwestern
Edited by Pumapayam

• 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Chase Merritt Takes Over Four Corners On Post Oak Blvd.
  • The title was changed to Uptown Office Market