Old Tv Commercials

northbeaumont

I like watching old TV commercials that I remember as a kid. You can see a lot of them on YouTube.com. I watch one I fondly remember: AQUA VELVA after shave lotion. "There's something about an AQUA VELVA man." There's also a lot of them on TVdays.com.

I'd like to see what everyone else's favorite old TV commercials were.

Edited by northbeaumont

I always wanted to start this topic but I assumed there were already some out here?

There are so many that even today I think of the jingles of the product. I'll list a few jingles then the ad's will come to mind.

Sorry Charlie, Only good tasting tuna get to be Starkist!

No thing goes better than Blue Bonnet on it!

Hey! Let go o my Eggo!

(Madge) Your washing your hands in it. (Palmoliove)

Dippity - Do gree/blue hair gel (remember the scent and was sqishy and gooey? Big in the 60's.

The commercial when the dud slaps on his aftershave and beautiful girls kick in the door and start chopping up his pad? Hai Karate aftershave!

The quicker picker upper! (Bounty towels ) with Nancy Walker (Rhoda's mom)

Momma mia thats a Spicy Meatball! was it Prego?

Nice place for a sticker upper! Glade air fresheners

Was it Tide? when the White Knight comes charging in out of nowhere and freaks out the lady hanging her clothes on the line? I liked that one.

I would walk a mile for a Marlboro then always showed cowboy with black eye? or was it another brand?

Cause I'm a woman ...w.o.m.a.n. I'll say it again (was it Virginia Slims?)

Here is my all time fav though Nancy Sinatra going MOD 60's for RC Cola! One day I perused youtube and got floored! She was so groovy and out-of-site! Funny how much these promos stick in your mind even for a 7 year old in 1967. Woah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmCDXwTYakw

Mrs. Butterworth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhMrPJV-AX8

Actually... when I was a kid, this kinda freaked me out. Sitting at the kitchen table, nervously eating pancakes, staring at her across the table, thinking: Is she going to come to life?

...and who could forget Intellivision...

...did anyone ever learn French, exercise, or do their taxes using this thing? Still waiting on the keyboard unit.

Yeah! That Mrs Butterworth used to scared the crap out of us too! We wanted to smash aginst the wall.

Almost as freaky as the Chuck Wagon always trying to escape the pup. I always wanted to see the UNCUT version where he catches it and mauls it to death into bits and pieces! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BBqgMQluDM

OK your all my witnesses!

You have to see this, although not a commercial, you be the judge. I am traumatized.

Edited by Vertigo58

I always wanted to start this topic but I assumed there were already some out here?

There are so many that even today I think of the jingles of the product. I'll list a few jingles then the ad's will come to mind.

Sorry Charlie, Only good tasting tuna get to be Starkist!

No thing goes better than Blue Bonnet on it!

Hey! Let go o my Eggo!

(Madge) Your washing your hands in it. (Palmoliove)

Dippity - Do gree/blue hair gel (remember the scent and was sqishy and gooey? Big in the 60's.

The commercial when the dud slaps on his aftershave and beautiful girls kick in the door and start chopping up his pad? Hai Karate aftershave!

The quicker picker upper! (Bounty towels ) with Nancy Walker (Rhoda's mom)

Momma mia thats a Spicy Meatball! was it Prego?

Nice place for a sticker upper! Glade air fresheners

Was it Tide? when the White Knight comes charging in out of nowhere and freaks out the lady hanging her clothes on the line? I liked that one.

I would walk a mile for a Marlboro then always showed cowboy with black eye? or was it another brand?

Cause I'm a woman ...w.o.m.a.n. I'll say it again (was it Virginia Slims?)

Here is my all time fav though Nancy Sinatra going MOD 60's for RC Cola! One day I perused youtube and got floored! She was so groovy and out-of-site! Funny how much these promos stick in your mind even for a 7 year old in 1967. Woah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmCDXwTYakw

The White Knight was the AJAX commercial. A low voice would sing: "Stronger Than Dirt. Stronger Than Dirt." The knight would point his lance/spear at an article of dirty clothing and it would turn white.

You would "Walk a mile for a Camel." Taryton cigarettes would show a person with a black eye then the words: "Taryton smokers would rather fight than switch."

Yes, I remember Nancy Sinatra singing: "R.C.! The one with the mad, mad taste!"

I remember an ALKA-SELTZER commercial where a guy is sitting on the side of his bed saying: "I can't believe I ate the whole thing!"

As far as today's commercials, the only current one I like is the one for Yellow Book. It shows you the way.

"Here's Cal Worthington.................and his dog SPOT!"

I also like the old 7up and Dr. Pepper commercials.

On Saturday Night Live I remember Mr. Bill and his dog Spot.

Yeah! That Mrs Butterworth used to scared the crap out of us too! We wanted to smash aginst the wall.

Almost as freaky as the Chuck Wagon always trying to escape the pup. I always wanted to see the UNCUT version where he catches it and mauls it to death into bits and pieces! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BBqgMQluDM

OK your all my witnesses!

You have to see this, although not a commercial, you be the judge. I am traumatized.

Traumatized over what? It looked like a woman singing to and about a bunch of men.

Hai Karate, be careful how you use it:

Thats the one!

and it seems like other commercials were someone or something crashing through walls.

Huge Kool Aid guy would always come crashing through living room walls AND

The Merrill Lynch commercials always had that stampede of real bulls crashing in to peoples homes!

Slogan was Merrill Lynch is "Bullish on America"

Outrageous!