If He Looks Like A Duck And Quacks Like A Duck, He's On Heroin

Ok, explanation, if this drug addict was calling these laborers this (M) word to their face, I would say that they probably would have killed this guy or at least beat the crap out of him. Do you blame them?

Sure. Would you kill a guy for calling you the "A word"? No, not that one, "American".

Update: The Mexicans hauled away debris today in several truckloads and warned me that they'd seen the guy that screwed me over walking in my property's general direction. They'd pulled over and asked where he was going, since they were doing the job that he should've been, and he said that he was going to break in and take whatever he could. They warned him against it, apparently with effect. If he was going to hit this place immediately, he'd have done it at dusk.

Looks like I'll be camping out at the property much of this week, providing company for the usual occupant. I installed additional locks this afternoon at the weaker points of the home's defenses, wherever not covered by burglar bars. Anything I'd like not to lose has been brought into secure out-of-sight places; an old unstable wooden ladder and a non-functional weed whacker have been placed in an inconvenient but unsecured place to act as fodder which might distract a would-be burglar or at least make noise if jostled. Burned out lights have been replaced and turned on to provide the impression that the place is occupied (which it is). Weapons caches have been concealed along strategic paths of retreat.

Tomorrow I'll rig up some trip wire in doorways and hang bells from it and set up a radio to play loudly if no one is present. I'll accept that if this scumbag is really intent on breaking in, it is possible...but not without expending a lot of effort or without making a lot of noise.

...my only problem right now is going to be getting decent sleep. As the structure settles, it makes some really convincing 'break-in' noises that I'm not used to. Wind gusts with tree limbs tapping the windows, and traffic/train noise don't help much, all this occuring with an otherwise contented cat's purr from my lap. It's quite an interesting juxtaposition.

Archived