Good Afternoon,

hope your week goes well !

I have a closet style compact shower in a bedroom and used slate for the walls and floor

of the shower. After using the correct grout, sealer , and silicone I have noticed water

leaking from underneath into the bedroom.

Am I to assume most Heights older bungalow homes will shift and crack the tile grout leading to water leaks?

Is there a solution instead of tearing down the slate tile ?

Also what are my alternatives besides buying the white box style stand up shower enclosures ?

Thank You

make it a great day

Good Afternoon,

hope your week goes well !

I have a closet style compact shower in a bedroom and used slate for the walls and floor

of the shower. After using the correct grout, sealer , and silicone I have noticed water

leaking from underneath into the bedroom.

Am I to assume most Heights older bungalow homes will shift and crack the tile grout leading to water leaks?

what is being used under the slate as wall material and floor material?

We used hardi back board and the grout is the kind for water proof ???? Then we also used a sealer

shifting can be an issue. on the floor portion of the shower is there a waterproof barrier of some sort (i.e. no seams, etc)?

the art of tile setting is more of a lost art now which may be where the problem lies.

I added a shower to my bathroom last year and went with the acrylic prefab type. May not look as fancy as tile, but it came with a built in pan, etc. It's in a corner of my bathroom with a "pony wall" that doesn't go all the way up to the ceiling so it looks pretty open in there.

Archived