What Are Those Bathtubs Called

PapillionWyngs

and what is the purpose? Surely you can't get in them like that?

*Disclaimer

I have the flu and 103 temp. I am bored, cold, and aching. When I was looking at my small bathtub (flipped house - used as shower) I thought that I would KILL for a DEEP bathtub - and so you see where my thought process led me (I hope).

By the way - haven't been on here in a while. Happy New Year!

Edited by PapillionWyngs

and what is the purpose? Surely you can't get in them like that?

*Disclaimer

I have the flu and 103 temp. I am bored, cold, and aching. When I was looking at my small bathtub (flipped house - used as shower) I thought that I would KILL for a DEEP bathtub - and so you see where my thought process led me (I hope).

By the way - haven't been on here in a while. Happy New Year!

The purpose for them is so that you can submerge your whole body at once instead of having to flip-flop around to get all parts wet and splash water OUT of the tub. This mainly pertains to larger mammals of our species, not those under the 5'10" mark or under 170lbs. THose of us over 170lbs. displace alot more water, and the overflow makes it a no worry experience for us. Otherwise, we take showers most of the time.

The purpose for them is so that you can submerge your whole body at once instead of having to flip-flop around to get all parts wet and splash water OUT of the tub. This mainly pertains to larger mammals of our species, not those under the 5'10" mark or under 170lbs. THose of us over 170lbs. displace alot more water, and the overflow makes it a no worry experience for us. Otherwise, we take showers most of the time.

Do you have one? Just looking at them on the commercials and in magazines, if I had one, I would keep it full all the time, and everyone who came over (even the postman) would have to come look at it!

Do you have one? Just looking at them on the commercials and in magazines, if I had one, I would keep it full all the time, and everyone who came over (even the postman) would have to come look at it!

Oh No, a little too extravagant for my taste. I would much rather have a 2 person jacuzzi style. Maybe you could look into one of those, only about $2000 or so, and then you could invite the mailman to join you when he comes to look at it ? ;)

I don't care about the jets, just want a tub that has the right slope/design for neck support when stretched out in the tub. I don't know what kind I have, but it's perfect. No need for a neck pillow, yay! The claw foots hold a whole damn lot, too. No fears of displacement.

Now, if I were to have room for a shower, the surround sound-shower head-nozzle thing? Seriously. Must Have.

I don't care about the jets, just want a tub that has the right slope/design for neck support when stretched out in the tub. I don't know what kind I have, but it's perfect. No need for a neck pillow, yay! The claw foots hold a whole damn lot, too. No fears of displacement.

Now, if I were to have room for a shower, the surround sound-shower head-nozzle thing? Seriously. Must Have.

You mean shower spas? Where you have a bunch of small sprayers? Those are not at all as expensive as you might think if you are putting them in during a new build. If there is sufficient pressure, they aren't ultra expensive to put in during a remodel either. The all-in-one units are a bit pricey, but you can buy the nozzles from Home Depot, Fergusson or Westheimer Plumbing and just run a supply to each of them. The valves can be pricey if you want to run them each off seperate valves.

You mean shower spas? Where you have a bunch of small sprayers? Those are not at all as expensive as you might think if you are putting them in during a new build. If there is sufficient pressure, they aren't ultra expensive to put in during a remodel either. The all-in-one units are a bit pricey, but you can buy the nozzles from Home Depot, Fergusson or Westheimer Plumbing and just run a supply to each of them. The valves can be pricey if you want to run them each off seperate valves.

Sigh, the pricey part is that my house is plumbed for one bathroom and one tub. Perhaps one day adding on. In the meantime, I'm just happy to have a proper tub!

But....is there any reason those couldn't be configured outdoors if plumbed right? Do a homemade all-in-one enclosure? I've been meaning to put in a crude outdoor shower, just for cleaning off in the summer after yard work, back from the beach, etc.

Sigh, the pricey part is that my house is plumbed for one bathroom and one tub. Perhaps one day adding on. In the meantime, I'm just happy to have a proper tub!

But....is there any reason those couldn't be configured outdoors if plumbed right? Do a homemade all-in-one enclosure? I've been meaning to put in a crude outdoor shower, just for cleaning off in the summer after yard work, back from the beach, etc.

No reason at all.