Ivy Russell Ford Building At 1102 Yale St.

flatline

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drove by this building a few days ago. The renovation looks great.

Ah ok sounds like the building is still standing. I was going to get upset if the rumor I heard was true that it was bulldozed down and something else was there. Guess I need to make a trip over there and see how it looks, if its being renovated to look like it did when as the dealership in the 50`s then I will really luck out give me a chance to get a picture of the car at the dealership it was sold from new.

Ah ok sounds like the building is still standing. I was going to get upset if the rumor I heard was true that it was bulldozed down and something else was there. Guess I need to make a trip over there and see how it looks, if its being renovated to look like it did when as the dealership in the 50`s then I will really luck out give me a chance to get a picture of the car at the dealership it was sold from new.

That would really be awesome!

That would really be awesome!

I wanted to do that with my other car, the dealership was abandoned its out in Cypress I cant think of the name but its torn down now, I just didnt luck out like I wanted, I wanted to get the car fully refinished and a picture infront of the dealership it sold from and then go out to Leeds Kansas City Mo and take a picture infront of the old factory but that I found out was closed in the 90`s for improper disposal of asbesto and was bulldozed down in the late 90`s early 00`s.

As far the Ford that was bought from Ivy Russell Ford off 11th street, the old dealership is still standing there as has been stated, but I just dont know what their doing to the place but atleast its still standing though, the assembly plant out in Dallas is still standing but its being renovated to be something grand from the news paper article I read when I was trying to find pictures, It closed in 1970 and was used as storage from 1970 to a couple years ago (2003 - 2005). I figure if I couldnt get a picture of it with the car infront of the buildings I guess get a picture of the building and then I could photoshop the car into the picture but that wouldnt be the same though in my book.

• 5 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Ivy Russell Ford Building At 1102 Yale St.

Archived