Stupidity Abounds!

ricco67

You know, I see all sorts of acts of stupidity over a period of a week.

People making left hand turns from the right lane.

People driving 10 MPH along Smith street at rush hour.

People stopping in the middle of traffic to ask someone for directions.

People standing at the airline depature lanes to pose for one more picture while 50 cars are behind them honking like mad.

People paying for (bigmac,Gas, beer, Taco, or whatever) in loose change!

I mean, I've seen it, I usually just hold my breath and let it be.

Yesterday was the ultimate.

On a flight to El Paso, I was trying to calm my nerves (I'm not a good flyer) and taxi-ing (sp?) to the runway when the moron ahead of me starts talking on the phone? seconds before we release the brakes!

Before I have a chance to say anything to him, he cuts his conversation as we're lifting off.

Then....10 minutes before we land on final approach, his phone rings again and starts talking on it!

I had enough.

"Dude! Can you turn that thing off?"

"I'll turn it off when I'm ready."

"No. You'll turn it off now. *I* want to land at an airport with all the wheels touching the pavement..not to mention it's against the law!"

He closed the thing off and I was HOPING he'd do or say something. If we start a ruckus, I'm sure HE would get in more trouble than I would.

What is WRONG with these people?

Entitlement. Everyone is MORE special than you. Don't you get it?

I certainly hope they don't make it ok for people to use cell phones on the plane. I know there is a lot of talk about doing that. Can you imagine flying the red eye with BeckySue next to you,yacking away he entire time, finding out about all her personal problems., ailments and diseases while help captive????

Its enough that people talk on those things in restuarants, if they allow it on planes....strangulation would be on the uprise. :angry:

I could rant on about this, its a major pet peeve of mine dealing with modern society. And parents of the younger generation aren't going to help make it any better. A child MUST have its own room, stereo, ipod, scooter etc. There isn't anymore sharing, which in turn leads to learning to live and respect others and other peoples stuff. I'll stop there because I'll go off on a major tangent.

Edited by KatieDidIt

You know, I see all sorts of acts of stupidity over a period of a week.

People making left hand turns from the right lane.

Maybe they made a mistake?

People driving 10 MPH along Smith street at rush hour.

Maybe they had car trouble?

People paying for (bigmac,Gas, beer, Taco, or whatever) in loose change!

Why is that stupid?

I mean, I've seen it, I usually just hold my breath and let it be.

And carefully catalog it. :)

Yesterday was the ultimate.

On a flight to El Paso, I was trying to calm my nerves (I'm not a good flyer) and taxi-ing (sp?) to the runway when the moron ahead of me starts talking on the phone? seconds before we release the brakes!

Before I have a chance to say anything to him, he cuts his conversation as we're lifting off.

Then....10 minutes before we land on final approach, his phone rings again and starts talking on it!

I had enough.

"Dude! Can you turn that thing off?"

"I'll turn it off when I'm ready."

"No. You'll turn it off now. *I* want to land at an airport with all the wheels touching the pavement..not to mention it's against the law!"

He closed the thing off and I was HOPING he'd do or say something. If we start a ruckus, I'm sure HE would get in more trouble than I would.

What is WRONG with these people?

Maybe he saw the Mythbusters where they showed that cell phones can't interfere with modern avionics?

Maybe he saw the Mythbusters where they showed that cell phones can't interfere with modern avionics?

Actually, what that episode showed was that cell phones won't interfere with modern avionics that are in perfect condition.

It very clearly showed that if a wire somewhere becomes unshielded (which can happen in a lot of ways) it will COMPLETELY screw up the navigation.

I've noticed on sites like Slashdot people prefer to remember the part of the episode that supports the unfounded notion that "the man is trying to keep me down" rather than the entire episode.

But then, unlike Slashdot HAIF doesn't use hype to generate page views.

Actually, what that episode showed was that cell phones won't interfere with modern avionics that are in perfect condition.

It very clearly showed that if a wire somewhere becomes unshielded (which can happen in a lot of ways) it will COMPLETELY screw up the navigation.

I've noticed on sites like Slashdot people prefer to remember the part of the episode that supports the unfounded notion that "the man is trying to keep me down" rather than the entire episode.

But then, unlike Slashdot HAIF doesn't use hype to generate page views.

Huh? I'm going from the Annotated Mythbusters site. No man is trying to keep me down; I AM THE MAN!

Edited by memebag

I'll add drunk drivers to your list. Not much makes me angrier than that. They have no regard at all for other human lives. Entire families are wiped out by these losers. Innocent people going about their business are murdered every day because some useless nobody decides to drink and drive. If I had it my way every drunk driver who murders someone will get an overnight stay at the morgue, on a cot, next to their mangled victim and then an automatic life sentence.