Singapore Airlines

VicMan

Ever taken the bus from SIN to KL? It's supposed to be fantastic.

No, but I know lots of people that do it. It can actually be faster than flying since I am usually leaving from KLCC.

I am actually really bummed that SQ have cancelled thier Executive Economy class on the Newark and LAX flights to SIN. I prefered it to business class on alot of other carriers. I'm currently looking for a good alternative... maybe business class on Eva. Flying through Dubai would take too long I think... although Emirates are star alliance which I like. Hmmm... emirates is not star alliance... they are just partnered with United which is star alliance.

<later>

After much searching I think I will try the moscow route... i'll let you know how it goes. Now to see if I can get upgraded...

The Singapore Tourism Bureau is running a special for people from Houston.

http://vacations.travelzoo.com/asian-vacations/385695

$1,399 for airfare, four nights at the Ritz-Carlton or Mandarin Oriental, and a bunch of other goodies.

Makes me wish I was in Houston. More importantly, it's funny to see New York finally paying extra for second-city supplements that the rest of us usually pay.

This was in the March 1st-7th issue of The Economist.

houstonad002.jpg

Sorry about the quality. The only scanner I know of is a piece of junk at the high school that doesn't speak English and is hooked up to a 15 year old pc with no internet connection. So I just took a pic instead.

the Mandarin Oriental is niiice!!! thats a good deal...

Yeah, but it's in the Suntec City complex, which is great if you're going to a convention. But you're looking at lots of taxi trips to get to Chinatown, Orchard Road, Clarke Quay, etc.. because subway access is a painful series of bridges and tunnels.

Fortunately, cabs are plentiful, safe, and dirt cheap.

Yeah, but it's in the Suntec City complex, which is great if you're going to a convention. But you're looking at lots of taxi trips to get to Chinatown, Orchard Road, Clarke Quay, etc.. because subway access is a painful series of bridges and tunnels.

Is the Ritz Carlton in a better location?

ohh, thats right. i am thinking of the marriot singapore with its unique design. its been awhile (10 years) since i have been through/to singapore...

• The title was changed to Singapore Airlines

Archived