Boy Scout Lodge Log Cabin Home At 3003 Dover St.

Check out Sec. E of Chronicle today [12/8/07]. Log Cabin home in the city on half acre! Lucky owners. It is former Boy Scout Lodge [Park Place] located near Sims Bayou. [Maybe someone can do the links as I'm not too tech savy.]

Does section E have another name? There is no section E on their web site....

I remember driving past this place. There are some interesting old houses back up in the Park Place area. Just another one of those east-end area that people overlook because they think there is nothing redeeming back there.

At the south end of the neighborhood, across 45 is an old southern colonial that has been turned into the Hidden Oaks bed and breakfast. Apparently the house has a lot of history behind it. There is also a small urban nature center run by the Audubon Society that is located in Park Place.

That is really a treasure. Glad you mentioned it. I'll drive by soon.

I remember driving past this place. There are some interesting old houses back up in the Park Place area. Just another one of those east-end area that people overlook because they think there is nothing redeeming back there.

At the south end of the neighborhood, across 45 is an old southern colonial that has been turned into the Hidden Oaks bed and breakfast. Apparently the house has a lot of history behind it. There is also a small urban nature center run by the Audubon Society that is located in Park Place.

That is really a treasure. Glad you mentioned it. I'll drive by soon.

That small urban nature sociaty on River Drive was once a residence. We knew the poeple who owned it. It is RIGHT next door to Charlton Park. The couple who owned it divorced, shw was put in a mental institution (she needed it, bless her soul) and it sat, and sat, and sat, and sat - and then somewho (not sure how) becamse whoat it is today.

• The title was changed to Log Cabin Home Near Sims Bayou - Former Boy Scout Lodge
  • The title was changed to Boy Scout Lodge Log Cabin Home At 3003 Dover St.

Archived