New Denny's In Front Of Home Depot On Fry At Highway 99

Brak

I just got the Katy Loving Mag. Denny's has a Coming Soon ad located in front of Home Depot...........nice to have Breakfast close but can you imagine the increase in traffic around that area.........

I ate at the Denny's on Fry Rd. just north of I-10 last night. It was not a pleasant experience. It's actually kind of nasty. I really hope this new Denny's is alot cleaner because I used to like going to their restaurants.

The new Denny's by Katy Mills is nice. We went there last Sunday. We use to go to the one on Fry Road a lot, but are probably going to go to the new one since it is closer to where I live (Firethorne).

The new Denny's by Katy Mills is nice. We went there last Sunday. We use to go to the one on Fry Road a lot, but are probably going to go to the new one since it is closer to where I live (Firethorne).

What is interesting is that this Denny's will not be a free standing building. It is going on the end of the stip in a 3,918 sq ft space.

Man, we thought traffic was bad now, just wait until Denny's, Baskin Robbins, and the fast food places open....

What is interesting is that this Denny's will not be a free standing building. It is going on the end of the stip in a 3,918 sq ft space.

Man, we thought traffic was bad now, just wait until Denny's, Baskin Robbins, and the fast food places open....

I find it interesting that Denny's plans to be open 24 hours. Who is going to eat at 3 in the morning in the middle of Seven Lakes/Grand Lakes? I would expect a 24 hour restaurant to be off an interstate highway.

I find it interesting that Denny's plans to be open 24 hours. Who is going to eat at 3 in the morning in the middle of Seven Lakes/Grand Lakes? I would expect a 24 hour restaurant to be off an interstate highway.

In 10 years or so, Grand Parkway will be pretty much an Intersate Freeway or Toll Road.

Maybe I should start a new topic, but.......Does anyone know if there are any plans to open up access to the HEB and the Home Depot parking lots, to rout traffic in directly off off the Grand parkway feeder? It sure would go along way to easing the traffic at that cluster _______ at the first set of driveways. That's bad now, just wait till even more stores open up.

Maybe I should start a new topic, but.......Does anyone know if there are any plans to open up access to the HEB and the Home Depot parking lots, to rout traffic in directly off off the Grand parkway feeder? It sure would go along way to easing the traffic at that cluster _______ at the first set of driveways. That's bad now, just wait till even more stores open up.

Well funny you should bring up oepening access at HEB/Home Depot, when the store first opened somebody said " Hey there's going to be a lot of traffic, why dont ya make an exit from the parking lot". Then one of HEB top people said " Give me six months". Well its been more like 16, so I really don't know what the delay is??

Unfortunately, this has been asked a few times and the same answer keeps coming back. What we see as a "feeder road" next to Home Depot (and HEB) is actually concidered (by TXDOT) to be an exit ramp and entrance ramp respectively. And TXDOT has laws prohibiting entrances or exits that are directly on an entrance ramp or exit ramp. Therefore, TXDOT will not allow to be built entrances or exits on that side of either place. It was just poor planning all around and traffic will just get worse as they complete the Hobby Lobby, the new bank, Fast Food place and the two "best buy" sized businesses that will be on the west side of Home Depot. The only relief that we might see is if the results of the traffic study at 7 Meadow's PKWY and Fry come back and shows a light shoud be put there. It won't help much though.

Well, just last weekend, me and my friends ate at IHOP on Fry Road at about 2:30 AM. Nothing beats pancakes, eggs, and sausage at almost 3 AM. We had just came back from a party. I think being open 24 hours can work in the Seven Meadows area. Especially with the amount of parties around there and teens leaving looking for somewhere to eat.

Unfortunately, this has been asked a few times and the same answer keeps coming back. What we see as a "feeder road" next to Home Depot (and HEB) is actually concidered (by TXDOT) to be an exit ramp and entrance ramp respectively. And TXDOT has laws prohibiting entrances or exits that are directly on an entrance ramp or exit ramp. Therefore, TXDOT will not allow to be built entrances or exits on that side of either place. It was just poor planning all around and traffic will just get worse as they complete the Hobby Lobby, the new bank, Fast Food place and the two "best buy" sized businesses that will be on the west side of Home Depot. The only relief that we might see is if the results of the traffic study at 7 Meadow's PKWY and Fry come back and shows a light shoud be put there. It won't help much though.

Having a light there would help. Adding a lane each way on the Grand Parkway may help, too. I heard traffic is bad on that thing. Hell, Fry Road may need to be widened itself. That thing is a mess on the weekends. It's like everyone is headed out to Katy Mills (kind of going the wrong way), or somewhere into Houston.

Well, just last weekend, me and my friends ate at IHOP on Fry Road at about 2:30 AM. Nothing beats pancakes, eggs, and sausage at almost 3 AM. We had just came back from a party. I think being open 24 hours can work in the Seven Meadows area. Especially with the amount of parties around there and teens leaving looking for somewhere to eat.

A bunch of wild party animals looking for a 3am meal on the weekend. Just what we need in our area. Who's going to support the Sun-Thurs 3am business?

Let me guess, you guys all moved out to Katy for the country air and the peace and quiet.

Yet you want all the mod cons of the big city, then proceed to complain about it when the people that support your suburban eating and shopping lifestyle move in. How dare they have some conveniences.

Stoned 16 year olds are f+++ing up your neighborhood every weekend. Whether you have a Denny's or a Whataburger. These things don't change.

Let me guess, you guys all moved out to Katy for the country air and the peace and quiet.

Yet you want all the mod cons of the big city, then proceed to complain about it when the people that support your suburban eating and shopping lifestyle move in. How dare they have some conveniences.

Stoned 16 year olds are f+++ing up your neighborhood every weekend. Whether you have a Denny's or a Whataburger. These things don't change.

Man, you must have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Back away from the window ledge...........................It's going to be okay.

CyKat

^^Uh...he is telling the truth

Damn right they are. I think a lot here believe nothing goes on in their little neighborhood in Seven Meadows or Cinco Ranch, but a lot of things happen that you don't know about. I know a boat load of people who sneak out of their house every weekend and the parents don't know. A Denny's doesn't change anything. Just gives us another late night option (for where to eat).

^^Uh...he is telling the truth

Damn right they are. I think a lot here believe nothing goes on in their little neighborhood in Seven Meadows or Cinco Ranch, but a lot of things happen that you don't know about. I know a boat load of people who sneak out of their house every weekend and the parents don't know. A Denny's doesn't change anything. Just gives us another late night option (for where to eat).

A comment about Denny's degenerates into a discussion about traffic problems. Then to insulting teens. I dont think "Stoned 16 year olds are f+++ing my neighborhood every weekend."

CyKat ...................I have a teen, and he's okay in my book, not perfect, but okay.

A comment about Denny's degenerates into a discussion about traffic problems. Then to insulting teens. I dont think "Stoned 16 year olds are f+++ing my neighborhood every weekend."

CyKat ...................I have a teen, and he's okay in my book, not perfect, but okay.

GO CYKAT!!! :lol:

if that's considered a major problem....you all comtinue to live in suburbia..

my thing is...when the kids who grew in Cinco, etc. come back and are ready to start families...do they live in master-planned neighborhoods in Sealy?

Archived