Former Barney's On El Camino St.

PapillionWyngs

yeah i get free food. shall i invite you to the opening party?

I think my husband would go nuts!!!It's his favorite (the one in Gulfgate) Chinese restaurant - my two teenagers liked it too!

I had about three good experiences there, and one bad one. I think the bad one was a fluke. It would be great to be able to go. Were you serious?

By the way, Musicman (the) is my 16 year old's favorite movie. Still - has been for about 6 years! Every time I see your name I see Ronny Howard singing "Wells Fargo Wagon".

I think my husband would go nuts!!!It's his favorite (the one in Gulfgate) Chinese restaurant - my two teenagers liked it too!

I had about three good experiences there, and one bad one. I think the bad one was a fluke. It would be great to be able to go. Were you serious?

i will ask about invite. they are definitely having an opening party because they've mentioned it to me several times.

• 7 months later...
it opens tomorrow FINALLY. it definitely has more atmosphere than the orignal. several of the chinese menu items are now on the regular menu. lots of new items invented by the owner.

Memory fuzzy-- Instead of the cilantro beef (my fave #24) cilantro pork with dry tofu? That's the one that's similar-- with the chilis and leeks? And hot pot with everything. Must try!

Memory fuzzy-- Instead of the cilantro beef (my fave #24) cilantro pork with dry tofu? That's the one that's similar-- with the chilis and leeks? And hot pot with everything. Must try!

yep. just like the cilantro beef. not sure they add chilis unless you say spicy and then they throw in sliced thai peppers. menu check: looks like they have the beef version and the pork version (both with thai peppers)....so the dry tofu addition must be a chinese touch.

i'm just looking at the menu and they have your sizzling beef on the menu along with 7 others i haven't tried!

they also have 6 hot pots, one with the curry chicken and jumbo shrimp with coconut that sounds yummy.

• The title was changed to Former Barney's On El Camino St.

Archived