Townhomes With 4th Floor Decks

jc281

Well.. it's more of like a hairline crack on the stucco. We'll get it checked out. Yeah, I saw this company mentioned elsewhere. The price is steep, though.

i hairline crack can be a major problem too because it still is a point for water entry. my friend that used him said that on the place they had inspected the fixes were 25k. not petty cash.

Did your friend do a visual, using the non-evasive Tramex Wet Wall Detector or a moisture test with core sample? It's 500 to do one and 800 to do the other.

doing the test isn't a problem. it is determining how much actual damage is done and how much it will cost to fix it.

what has your insurance company told you about obtaining insurance when you describe "noticeable water leaks inside the home?"

To get an actual estimation of 'true' damage will be hard because it's still owned by the bank and they will most likely not like for us to start cutting holes into the house.Yeah, fake stucco sucks, but it's alright if done correctly. We still will need to talk to insurance for this house.

To get an actual estimation of 'true' damage will be hard because it's still owned by the bank and they will most likely not like for us to start cutting holes into the house.
my friends got an estimate prior to the purchase. don't wait til after you buy to do this.

Thanks. We will definitly do that. We're doing the stucco inspection this weekend with StuccoSpec. I should get the report on Monday and also quotes as to the cost of improvements. I don' t know if the bank will pay for improvements, but if the bill is anywhere near even 5k... I got someone to quote me 2k just for flashing the balcony. Question is.. if there's moisture in that wall and how much? This isn't even counting possible issues with the areas around doors, windows.. etc.

Thanks. We will definitly do that. We're doing the stucco inspection this weekend with StuccoSpec. I should get the report on Monday and also quotes as to the cost of improvements. I don' t know if the bank will pay for improvements, but if the bill is anywhere near even 5k... I got someone to quote me 2k just for flashing the balcony. Question is.. if there's moisture in that wall and how much? This isn't even counting possible issues with the areas around doors, windows.. etc.

moisture is mega bucks.

• 5 years later...

Archived