Houston In A Music Video (of Sorts)

Jimcj5

Found this pretty hilarious music(?) video courtesy of little green footballs.

Some pretty interesting shots of downtown from atop the esperson building in this video that showcases the hazards of cultural collision.

No offense to any native Hindi speakers, I'm sure.

wow.

just.

wow.

I lol'd

ditto. Culturally, I don't know how else to respond.

But it makes Houston look pretty good. It's got Esperson, the water wall, Tranquility Park, and other shots of downtown. Don't know if the pool scene or the other water scene are in Houston, but they probably are.

I just showed this to my Indian co-worker. She said that's a famous song from a movie filmed entirely in Houston a few years back but can't remember the name of it. She said some of those Hindi words were nonsensical but it was mostly the female (former Miss Universe) speaking romantically to the dude.

Speaking of Hindi, at UH my buddy and I used to always do the "Kali maa...kali maa shukti de" thing from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. One day an Indian girl heard him saying it and told him she was offended. Apparently in Hindi "Kali maa shukti de" means "Angel of death, give me the power". This makes me want to say it more, especially before I remove a guy's beating heart from his chest.

:)

Awesome video, by the way.

• 7 months later...

Archived