Desel-Boettcher Warehouse At 901 Commerce St.

DMac

Anyone know who occupied the Bldg prior to Spaghetti Warehouse chain moving in? Name of merchant or company Bldg. was originally constructed for? Any walk around exterior photos of Bldg. now AND and historical? Entrance to Bldg. on north or south side of street?

Respectfully

Danny

• Like 1

Anyone know who occupied the Bldg prior to Spaghetti Warehouse chain moving in? Name of merchant or company Bldg. was originally constructed for? Any walk around exterior photos of Bldg. now AND and historical? Entrance to Bldg. on north or south side of street?

Respectfully

Danny

Paper: Houston Chronicle

Date: Sun 10/21/2007 http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive....id=2007_4445216

Spaghetti Warehouse

History: Built in 1912. Desel-Boettcher warehouse.

Good luck

Deana

The men who formed Desel-Boettcher were Charles M. Desel and F.A. Boettcher. The company was started sometime between 1900 and 1905. Desel's family was from Charleston, but he moved to Texas in 1859 - he died in 1910. Boettcher was a native Texan - he died in 1934, at 71.

I heard that place is haunted.... :blink: ZOINKS!!!!

I have heard the same thing, and have talked with bartenders, waiters and waitresses who will testify to the same thing. Some very strange goings on at the S.W. over the years. Unexplained plates flying and crashing into walls, lights on and off, <---the actual switch moving up and down).What I can remember is that a couple of workers died in there well before S.W. took over.

Edited by TJones

I have heard the same thing, and have talked with bartenders, waiters and waitresses who will testify to the same thing. Some very strange goings on at the S.W. over the years. Unexplained plates flying and crashing into walls, lights on and off, <---the actual switch moving up and down).What I can remember is that a couple of workers died in there well before S.W. took over.

Yeah right just surges in the electrical current :) I lived in South Texas for a few years and recall hearing it down there. (About it being haunted.)

A couple friends and I have become regulars. Haven't had any experiences. One of our waiter friends upstairs told us of the elevator accident story but she said she hasn't seen anything, and definitely to not waste our money on the tour thing. It's fun enough being the last ones eating up there alone after upstairs lunch closes.

All I know is they serve some of the best haunting Lasagna in Houston!Lasagna House is a close 2nd. Oh and the bread! mmmmmmmmm good! :P
I must concur on Lasagna House...Awesome stuff!!!
Yeah, it's supposed to be THEIR ghosts who haunt the place. Edited by Disastro

Respectfully

Danny

There's a wide shot of that area posted on my blog:

http://blogs.chron.com/bayoucityhistory/then_now/

• The title was changed to Desel-Boettcher Warehouse At 901 Commerce St.