Houston Lighting & Power Company Energy Command Center At 1313 La Branch St.

plumber2

Does anyone have pictures of the old HL&P Command Center that was downtown somewhere near or just east of the present day Toyota Center? It was a futuristic looking building. It had an elevator inside it that had seating for about 20 people, but it only went up one floor. Just plain bizzare! Houston Lighting & Power Company Energy Command Center At 1313 La Branch St.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Hello-

Does anyone remember the name of the HL&P building that was near the current site of the Toyota Center? The building was a beautiful glass and concrete engineering marvel, with a glass tube elevator that was visible from the exterior. It was torn down around 2000.

I'm looking for photos, and the proper name of the building.

Thanks for any assistance!

That thing always reminded me of some sort of Rebel base from Star Wars. I thought it was a very cool looking building.

I did a lot of fantasizing about buying that building and turning it into a luxury townhome, for myself of course. I'm still waiting for my lottery to come in so I can do the same thing with one of the old buildings in the downtown area.

• The title was changed to Houston Lighting & Power Co. Command Center
  • The title was changed to Houston Lighting & Power Company Energy Command Center At 1313 La Branch St.