A Walk In The East End

Very misleading junk article, its what expected from Hou Press of course. Houston's un-official rag mag. Any born and raised Houstonian shouldn't reply on this scuz. Newcomers maybe. :wacko:

Kinda sounds like the stuff certain posters on this forum write about every other Houston neighborhood (except his own). At least the Press actually VISITED the neighborhood before talking trash about it. Backed it up with photos, as well.

So, like poppahop asked, what IS misleading about it?

There are parts of Clinton that you couldn't pay me to live along (sewage treatment facility, Chlorox plant). I also would tend to prefer not living near all the townhomes. But there is a section of it where you find yourself in a sort of overgrown canyon of really large and tall warehouses that come right up to the edge of the street. To me, that's coolness. I also consider the industrial district on Navigation between Lockwood and the railroad tracks to be pretty interesting.

I'd have liked to have read more about the enclave of hippies they discovered.

Vertigo,

Yet again you speak of what you don't know or for that matter stay on topic. This discussion forum topic is about the article in the Houston Press. I read the article and it does not mention a "Triangle Park" or for that matter the "Triangle Park" you refer to in Broadmoor. According to the map which is not accurate they came as close to Broadmoor and Triangle park when they trekked down Navigation.

I am about fed up with your antics on here and your unfounded statements, conclusions, etc... If you wish to speak of Broadmoor from a Historical point then please go ahead, if you wish to discuss Broadmoor's current condition including "Triangle Park" from the Perspective of the Present please back it up with FACTS that we can all refer to. I don't come into your house and neighborhood (Sunnlan(d)) and speak ill or fabricate stuff up however if I have to perform a little verifiable research comparing Broadmoor and Sunnlan(d) I would be more then happy too.

Thank you for your consideration,

Regards,

Scharpe St Guy

Triangle Park, peace pipes, shrooms everywhere.

As I do not live in the Broadmoor neighborhood, I do not know where Broadmoor Park is. As I googled it to try to locate it, a HAIF thread appeared.

Here it is: Broadmoor thread

Apparently, this is not Vertigo's first disparagement of the park, or the neighborhood. The neighbors seemed to disagree with Vertigo's assessment then (May 2007) as they do now.

Now that I know where "Triangle Park" is, I REALLY have to ask: Vertigo, just what in the hell does Triangle Park and Broadmoor have to do with Clinton Street? And, why do you insist on disparaging neighborhoods other than your own when you have apparently not visited them in years?

Please refrain from an off-topic dogpile.

I know they were looking for more colorful sites but these Press guys didn't mention the townhouses spreading down Clinton. It will be interesting to see if gentrification will ever penetrate the sewer plant zone.

• The title was changed to A Walk In The East End

Archived