Promenade Shops At The Spectrum In Pearland

rajuncajun

musicman:

an officemate said it felt like he was in redneck heaven. LOL

That's exactly what I call the one in Grapevine. "Redneck Heaven". Ha ha! I've never gone inside the Katy Mills one.

Redneck World is pretty neat even though I'm not into fishin' and huntin' and stuff. They also carry an impressive bunch of NASCAR paraphernalia. I do enjoy the shootin' gallery, however.

As we were driving home on 288 the night of the opening, we realized the ABSOLUTELY JAMMED parking lot was full of PICKUP TRUCKS. There were cars parked in the neighboring construction site, on the grassy highway border, and just about everywhere else. It was pretty insane.

It's definitely not my type of shop, but I'm glad such a rare and attractive business has opened up in Pearland :)

You probably saw my truck there, lol.

If you haven't been in the store it is very impressive. It blows the Katy store away. It is 2 story by the way and has an elevator as well.

Which one is larger (square footage)?

• 3 months later...
The Southwest corner of Beltway 8 and SH288 just North of all the Shadow Creek Ranch growth.

Poag & McEwen, developer of the Promenade Shops at Shadow Creek, does not show the Lifestyle center in their website anymore. http://www.pm-lifestyle.com/lifestyle_center/index.html

I am guessing that the new development next door (aka Presidential Park & Waterlights Districts) either got them scared or is goig to take over that piece of land. Anybody knows what is going on?

By the way, I had dinner at the Bass Pro Shop, Islamorada Fish Co Restaurant last week and I am glad to see that service has been improving since the opening. Food as usual was very good.

Poag & McEwen, developer of the Promenade Shops at Shadow Creek, does not show the Lifestyle center in their website anymore. http://www.pm-lifestyle.com/lifestyle_center/index.html

I am guessing that the new development next door (aka Presidential Park & Waterlights Districts) either got them scared or is goig to take over that piece of land. Anybody knows what is going on?

By the way, I had dinner at the Bass Pro Shop, Islamorada Fish Co Restaurant last week and I am glad to see that service has been improving since the opening. Food as usual was very good.

yeah, this is confusing, however on their home page "The Promenade Shops at the Spectrum , Pearland" still exists in the dropdown list and also at

yeah, this is confusing, however on their home page "The Promenade Shops at the Spectrum , Pearland" still exists in the dropdown list and also at

I noticed that a few weeks ago. I came across this article from the Memphis Business Journal, dated October 26, 2007. They mention the Spectrum property in the article:

Another development, which is pending public funding, sits on 120 acres, the largest parcel Poag & McEwen has ever developed. Located just outside Houston, the Promenade Shops at the Spectrum is a mixed-use development that will potentially include office, residential, retail and hospitality, says president Terry McEwen.

Poag says the company has partnered with other experts on this project, including Indianapolis-based Kosene & Kosene on the residential front.

"We quickly realized we knew nothing about residential," he says.

Architect Frank Ricks, principal of Looney Ricks Kiss, is working with Poag & McEwen on a couple of developments. He says mixed-use projects are gaining popularity in the U.S. Traditionally, Americans have lived, shopped and worked in distinct, separate areas.

"It's taken a few decades, but users now are attracted to mixed-use environments," Ricks says.

Full aricle: http://65.213.146.1/memphis/stories/2007/1...y11.html?page=1

All in all it seems like the remaining portion of the property is still the "what do we do we this?" stage of development.

I noticed that a few weeks ago. I came across this article from the Memphis Business Journal, dated October 26, 2007. They mention the Spectrum property in the article:

Another development, which is pending public funding, sits on 120 acres, the largest parcel Poag & McEwen has ever developed. Located just outside Houston, the Promenade Shops at the Spectrum is a mixed-use development that will potentially include office, residential, retail and hospitality, says president Terry McEwen.

Poag says the company has partnered with other experts on this project, including Indianapolis-based Kosene & Kosene on the residential front.

"We quickly realized we knew nothing about residential," he says.

Architect Frank Ricks, principal of Looney Ricks Kiss, is working with Poag & McEwen on a couple of developments. He says mixed-use projects are gaining popularity in the U.S. Traditionally, Americans have lived, shopped and worked in distinct, separate areas.

"It's taken a few decades, but users now are attracted to mixed-use environments," Ricks says.

Full aricle: http://65.213.146.1/memphis/stories/2007/1...y11.html?page=1

All in all it seems like the remaining portion of the property is still the "what do we do we this?" stage of development.

thanks rajuncajun for sharing this

• The title was changed to Promenade Shops At The Spectrum In Pearland

Archived