I wasn't impressed with the contractors I found from the site....I also didn't think there were enough reviews for most contractors to really make a good decision. Most had 3 reviews or less, and it seemed like most reviewers were afraid of saying something even the least bit negative, or they just had low standards and were shockingly easy to please.

I would say it ain't worth it.

For a while they were giving out free memberships in Houston - I signed up for one and wound up only using it a couple of times with mixed success. Didn't use any of the vendors I found on their list, but one of them that I called referred me to a guy they used for appliance repairs who worked out really well, basically just a one-man operation who kept plenty busy just through referrals from former clients. He showed up at my house promptly at the agreed-upon time and replaced a broken drive belt in my clothes dryer and a burned-out igniter in my oven for significantly less than what I'd paid for the previous igniter replacement alone.

I didn't renew my membership after the initial free one-year period expired, and since then they've contacted me several times via both email and phone trying to convince me to renew with increasingly larger discounts - I think the last one I got was $30 off the regular rate. They're probably better than just picking someone blindly out of the Yellow Pages, but I'd tend to agree that they don't really have a lot to offer compared to referrals from friends and neighbors.

Archived