Office Buildings To Be Torn Down In The Woodlands?

wxman

My mother was telling me the other day that the four black buildings at the corner of Timberloch Place and Grogans Mill we be torn down within the next three years to make way for bigger office buildings. She went on to say that once her companies lease is up, it will not be renewed and no new leases will be signed from here on out. Does anybody have any inside info. other than this? I think they are taking this whole "Downtown Woodlands" thing a bit far.

That is the first time I've heard anything new on these properties. However, the value of office space in Town Center coupled with demand could certainly make this location ideal for larger developments. I wonder if they are still owned by the development company or have been sold. One piece of art has been moved to Six Pines from the median of Grogan's Mill in front of these buildings. Wulfe owns a parcel intended for retail across Grogan's Mill as well. I hope the properties are not going retail. The master plan for Town Center has office structures allocated for these sites.

Keep us posted. I'll start asking around.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Are those the buildings with the mirrored glass that sort of "blend in" to the trees? I've always liked those (unobtrusive architecture at its best) and they're not very old? I had a job interview in one of them once and they looked like they'd been built some time in the '80s.

Are those the buildings with the mirrored glass that sort of "blend in" to the trees? I've always liked those (unobtrusive architecture at its best) and they're not very old? I had a job interview in one of them once and they looked like they'd been built some time in the '80s.

Yeah, I think they were built in the 80s. The land has since been zoned for highrises and that's what looks like is going there. Space in the town center is quickly becoming limited. These buildings are to be razed in Dec. of 09'.

• 2 weeks later...
i asked a pm realty construction manager about the buildings and he said that he was unaware of this. he may be being mum.

Oh, I can assure you it's real. My mothers place of work is currently looking to relocate...and quick. As stated before, no new leases are being signed for these four office buildings.

• 4 months later...

It appears that any plans for this site are on hold. My mother's company got word that they will now renew their lease for the next couple of years. I'll keep updating this as I know more. I wonder if it was the economy? I know the local economy is booming. The Woodlands Town Center can't build enough office space. Also, speaking of which, why are they building so many mid-rises? The Town Center could easily support 15 and 20 story office towers...not that I'd want that, but a couple more would be nice.

• 2 weeks later...
It appears that any plans for this site are on hold. My mother's company got word that they will now renew their lease for the next couple of years. I'll keep updating this as I know more. I wonder if it was the economy? I know the local economy is booming. The Woodlands Town Center can't build enough office space. Also, speaking of which, why are they building so many mid-rises? The Town Center could easily support 15 and 20 story office towers...not that I'd want that, but a couple more would be nice.

Curious about the delay... In this same area what are they doing currently in the median of Grogan's Mill at Woodlands Parkway? They are removing the hill signage.

In general-Is there a town center plan available online. What is the name of the original designer hired by Mitchell? I have been pleased with most of the development at town center. Not knowing what will replace the glass building still makes me worry.

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...
Curious about the delay... In this same area what are they doing currently in the median of Grogan's Mill at Woodlands Parkway? They are removing the hill signage.

In general-Is there a town center plan available online. What is the name of the original designer hired by Mitchell? I have been pleased with most of the development at town center. Not knowing what will replace the glass building still makes me worry.

Thanks,

there is some kind of new town center entry being constructed at grogan's mill & woodlands parkway. you can see a model of town center at the woodlands visitor center on woodlands parkway, west bound between six pines & grogan's mill. there are not to detailed maps on the commercial site. i do not know of a particular designer for town center. waterway square was designed by sasaki & associates.

found some info on the median construction at the woodlands parkway & grogan's mill.

woodlands newest public art project

artist otto rigan has created ten limestone columns w/glass weighing about 7000 lbs each. they are ready and waiting for the site prep.

• The title was changed to Office Buildings To Be Torn Down In The Woodlands?

Archived