The Raven Tower At 310 North St.

zaphod

I know this an old discussion but to clear up a few things. It is Raven Tower owned and built by metal enterprises. The man who built it was a wonderful man. He wanted to create something different. It was an office below for the metal building business and an apt above.

It has both stairs and an elevator. Also access to the roof for a beautiful view of Houston.

The rooster I think he just liked.

• 10 months later...

As a child & young teenager, I was at Raven tower numerous times. My Dad & the owner were best of friends. The owner use to have a small zoo against the fence by the office. The tower kitchen had a floor made of pennies & acrylic. The wall in the living room turned around exposing a huge TV that you could watch in the living room or bedroom. The roof had a heated dog house for his dog. He also had a professional picture taken of his view of Houston on the wall. If I remember correctly, it was a time lapse. The owner was a very generous & kind man. The last time that I talked to him he was living  outside of Houston & enjoying his turtles in his lake. I posted this because I thought I might be able to make a few things clear. By the way---the elevator always scared me to death.

• 3 months later...

Been doing some snooping & came across the following: 

https://books.google.com/books?id=8S0EAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA122&lpg=PA122&dq=raven+tower+houston+texas&source=bl&ots=U6cUKgu0NW&sig=rS2-UxsSN-qL0Zo_xlAixUf3Jew&hl=en&sa=X&ei=92cQVd7qNav7sASOtoGQDw&ved=0CDUQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=raven%20tower%20houston%20texas&f=false

Also snooped @ GM (Google Maps) & came up w/an address of 310 North str. tween Main & Manfold.  Key Map 493C. Zoomed in tight for a close up of Ravens Tower.

DMac

Been doing some snooping & came across the following: 

https://books.google.com/books?id=8S0EAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA122&lpg=PA122&dq=raven+tower+houston+texas&source=bl&ots=U6cUKgu0NW&sig=rS2-UxsSN-qL0Zo_xlAixUf3Jew&hl=en&sa=X&ei=92cQVd7qNav7sASOtoGQDw&ved=0CDUQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=raven%20tower%20houston%20texas&f=false

Also snooped @ GM (Google Maps) & came up w/an address of 310 North str. tween Main & Manfold.  Key Map 493C. Zoomed in tight for a close up of Ravens Tower.

DMac

HCAD has it listed as 310 Glen Park, but North turns into Glen Park. Looks like ownership was transferred from the gentleman in the Texas Monthly article to who I'm assuming is his son in 2010, and then again to the Pegstar-affiliated group last year. I really hope they're able to preserve/repurpose the tower. 

• The title was changed to Weather-Vane House On I-45 N.
  • The title was changed to The Raven Tower At 310 North St.

Archived