Downsizing

PapillionWyngs

Downsizing  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever had to downsize your household?

• Did it and loved it
    • Did it and hated it
    • Never will do it
    • May have to do it some day

We moved, downsized, and are having to get rid of years of stuff. I like the "close quarters' bettef because I can keep the house clean easier - if we ever get unpacked!

Just wondered if anyone else had downsized and felt more like they owned the house than the house owned them.

PW

Edited by PapillionWyngs

Just try to remain upbeat especially around the children. Kids pick up easily on parents vibes. I'm not saying to pretend things arent rough but others have had it way worse and you all will pass through this. Everyone in this world has had some real knocks but like the saying goes, you just have to get back up dust yourself off and start all over again. Its all for the childrens sake and it will get better. When you least expect it, someone or something is going to emerge and you will bounce back. Not sure if you mentioned being active in any specific faith but it certainly helps in these times. I've never given up in that area and never will. PM anytime you want.

I apologize if I sound insensitive, but I've been reading your whining for some time, with an "if you can't say something nice..." attitude. However, since you continue to air this laundry here, you must not mind a harsh criticism. So, here goes...

Crack baby? And you have the nerve to seek sympathy? Jeez. Quit playing the victim, get your ____ together and move on. Quit instilling this victim's role in your kids, too. Teach them how to overcome the things you seem to be determined to let keep you down. And stop blaming yours and your kids' shortcomings on disorders, past addictions, poor marriage choices and all the other crap you constantly cry about. You are at the top of a slippery slope of misery for your children, who don't even realize how much their happiness depends on your somehow mustering the strength to break that chain. Overcome your BS disability. Work two or three jobs. Sell whatever of your "just stuff" you can con your old crack buddies into buying and fix your place up into a home your family is proud of. Doing so will not make you special, exceptional or anything else. People who've been dealt much worse hands than yours have done more than that. What it will do is square you with your family and yourself.

I realize I speak from mostly ignorance of the specifics of your situation and what I've said may not be fair. But, I do so not to be mean, rather to offer something more than just a vote of sympathy to contribute to your weekly emotional yard sale. Surely you're looking for something other than just a hollow affirmation that you're doing alright, aren't you?

You seem well educated and willing to better yourself, if not for yourself, then for your family. It's time to kick it into a higher gear.

How big is the big house and in what area? What is the price you are going for?Is there a rental market in that area to justify putting it up for rent while waiting for it to sell?
Clear Lake - 2750 square feet. No idea on the price - would sell to an investor for 80 cents on the dollar, though.
I apologize if I sound insensitive, but I've been reading your whining for some time, with an "if you can't say something nice..." attitude. However, since you continue to air this laundry here, you must not mind a harsh criticism. So, here goes...Crack baby? And you have the nerve to seek sympathy? Jeez. Quit playing the victim, get your ____ together and move on. Quit instilling this victim's role in your kids, too. Teach them how to overcome the things you seem to be determined to let keep you down. And stop blaming yours and your kids' shortcomings on disorders, past addictions, poor marriage choices and all the other crap you constantly cry about. You are at the top of a slippery slope of misery for your children, who don't even realize how much their happiness depends on your somehow mustering the strength to break that chain. Overcome your BS disability. Work two or three jobs. Sell whatever of your "just stuff" you can con your old crack buddies into buying and fix your place up into a home your family is proud of. Doing so will not make you special, exceptional or anything else. People who've been dealt much worse hands than yours have done more than that. What it will do is square you with your family and yourself.I realize I speak from mostly ignorance of the specifics of your situation and what I've said may not be fair. But, I do so not to be mean, rather to offer something more than just a vote of sympathy to contribute to your weekly emotional yard sale. Surely you're looking for something other than just a hollow affirmation that you're doing alright, aren't you?You seem well educated and willing to better yourself, if not for yourself, then for your family. It's time to kick it into a higher gear.
Ah..............my children are ADOPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GOOD GOD!

Clear Lake - 2750 square feet. No idea on the price - would sell to an investor for 80 cents on the dollar, though.Ah..............my children are ADOPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GOOD GOD!

Okay, that takes care of one of your portrayals of victimization. How will you address the others?

And I do apologize for misunderstanding about your crack baby. But, rather than feeding the cycle of "disorders" and making excuses, why not take real steps to help him or her understand the value of overcoming adversity? You do this by setting an example of strength, not whining on a Internet forum and claiming your own disabilities, being laid off, selling off your home, marrying the wrong people, pawning your goods, etc...

I apologize if I sound insensitive, but
Overcome your BS disability.
Sell whatever of your "just stuff" you can con your old crack buddies into buying and fix your place up into a home your family is proud of.
People who've been dealt much worse hands than yours have done more than that.

prefacing your comments with "i apologize, but..." and then spewing off about crack buddies, BS disabilities and so forth may be constructive in your eyes, but the comments aren't from anything factual she stated (forgive me if i missed the part about her making up her medical conditions).

while this topic is of a personal nature, you are not required to read or respond to anyone's posting.

prefacing your comments with "i apologize, but..." and then spewing off about crack buddies, BS disabilities and so forth may be constructive in your eyes, but the comments aren't from anything factual she stated (forgive me if i missed the part about her making up her medical conditions).

while this topic is of a personal nature, you are not required to read or respond to anyone's posting.

Is anyone required to read or respond to anything here?

IMO, this type of topic should stay in the PM realm ask your trusted friends.

Absolutely. And again, I do publicly apologize for misunderstanding the crack baby part of her post.

By way of explanation, I will say that when I misread that, her constant "hard luck" stories seemed to finally make sense. As I stated, I had never responded to any of Pap's stories of how her employers, Friendswood Development, family, her health and others had victimized her over the months. That last poll and my mistaken interpretation of her being a crack head just pushed me over the edge. And please do understand, I was trying to be constructive, as I do believe some people really can benefit from a kick in the butt sometimes, regardless of the PC agenda that goes in and out of fashion on this site.

Pap -- again, I apologize. Perhaps an Internet poll is not the best way to solve your life's hardships, though. And if you truly think about it, the difference between you, who has seemingly an endless barrage of terrible things, disabilities that make it impossible to "work at a fast pace" and acronym-laden disorders affecting your family, and those of us who have overcome such things is more than your run of bad luck. Surely someone who describes herself as scarcely capable of taking care of her own problems, yet submits to trying to take care of a crack baby can understand that. Sometimes, bad luck is self perpetuating...just like good luck is.

If you want the opinions of an Internet forum, you should be willing to accept all of them, including the ones you may find offensive. You should not have to listen to someone making untrue assessments of you, however. For that, I apologize.

Now, I'll go back to ignoring these posts.

Edited by dalparadise

The problem is that this personal issue was posted on a public forum. All bets are off once that happens. I have to agree with Dal. Pap, you've brought alot of your own private dirty laundry to this board, so you should be ready to find harsh criticism at some point.

Maybe if Off Topic threads weren't constantly updated in the "View New Posts" section, then they would be less likely to draw as much attention - positive or negative.

Edited by Jeebus

I apologize if I sound insensitive, but I've been reading your whining for some time, with an "if you can't say something nice..." attitude. However, since you continue to air this laundry here, you must not mind a harsh criticism. So, here goes...

Crack baby? And you have the nerve to seek sympathy? Jeez. Quit playing the victim, get your ____ together and move on. Quit instilling this victim's role in your kids, too. Teach them how to overcome the things you seem to be determined to let keep you down. And stop blaming yours and your kids' shortcomings on disorders, past addictions, poor marriage choices and all the other crap you constantly cry about. You are at the top of a slippery slope of misery for your children, who don't even realize how much their happiness depends on your somehow mustering the strength to break that chain. Overcome your BS disability. Work two or three jobs. Sell whatever of your "just stuff" you can con your old crack buddies into buying and fix your place up into a home your family is proud of. Doing so will not make you special, exceptional or anything else. People who've been dealt much worse hands than yours have done more than that. What it will do is square you with your family and yourself.

I realize I speak from mostly ignorance of the specifics of your situation and what I've said may not be fair. But, I do so not to be mean, rather to offer something more than just a vote of sympathy to contribute to your weekly emotional yard sale. Surely you're looking for something other than just a hollow affirmation that you're doing alright, aren't you?

You seem well educated and willing to better yourself, if not for yourself, then for your family. It's time to kick it into a higher gear.

Couldn't agree more, except for the bit about how the crack baby was adopted.

I will weigh in with my two cents on this too. In regards to Dal's posts I quite agree with him/her that you (Pap) do seem to excel in finding disability's and causes that always hold you back as the victim.

ADHD, Bipolor, ODD, Molestation, PTSD, RAD, ASTHMA, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Low IQ, Food Poisoning, I Opened the door..., ...and influenza, alcoholic mother, unpleasant witch of a mother, Inspector who didn't find bad GFCI and Termite infested tree, and the list goes on and on.

Quite honestly you remind me of my out(in)-laws who always focus on the lemons and never squeeze them and make lemonade. It staggers my mind how much time you must have wasted trying to find a diagnosis and or a name for what ails you or has held you back instead of standing up and making things happen in your life and the life of your family.

Also for a point of reference dont' tell me that I don't understand, I have not aired my laundry like you have but I have had my share of knocks and bruises including medical but instead of publicizing them and seeking pity I like many others try and overcome them, minimize them, and stick them in the rear view mirror.

Good luck,

Scharpe St Guy

A smaller home isn't necessarily a bad thing. Less space to clutter and clean. The children probably feel safer. Less money on utility bills and taxes. I don't know why this is bothering you. A cozy, comfortable home of any size should be enough if you all love one another.