$4.3 Million Dollar Home May Be Put Up For Auction In The Woodlands

bachanon

Lien Times: Homeowner owes county $500,000

By: TIFFANY WILLIAMS, twilliams@hcnonline.com

09/06/2007

A $4.3 million home might be put up for auction on the courthouse steps if no one steps forward to pay more than $500,000 in back taxes.

Arturo Pimienta, a Woodlands resident who also owes his homeowners association about $40,000, hasn't fully paid his taxes to the county tax assessor/collector since 2002. "He's been in bankruptcy," said Kaye Brouse, an attorney with Linebarger, Goggan, Blair & Sampson, the law firm designated to collect delinquent taxes for the county. Brouse said the county will foreclose on Pimienta's two Woodlands properties, located at 66 Windward Cove on Lake Woodlands and 2 Aberdeen Crossing Place. If the mortgage company that financed the home decides to pay the tax liens, it can take possession of the property and list it back on the real estate market without any liens. "On a property as nice as Windward Cove, the mortgage company usually pays the taxes," Brouse said. "They don't want to lose their money."

full story

i can't find a picture of this modern, lakeside home. it's almost 25k square feet. it was on the market for $7.8 million earlier in the year (or last year). it has fallen into disrepair. anyone have anymore information on this property?

I remember seeing this one online in MLS several times, as it's been the most expensive home in MLS in The Woodlands. It was listed for 330 days, starting at $7,375,800 and ending at $6,950,000. It never sold. The listing said: Contemporary, European inspired sophistication, one of a kind water front property, stunning Lake Woodlands water views. Steel structure with 22 foot or higher ceilings, curved walls of glass, Incredible kitchen full of stainless steel appliances, Large sun decks & Private balcony's, Wine cellar (2800 Bottles), Movie Theatre, Gym, Spa, Sauna & Steam, Indoor Racquet Ball Ct, Creston & Lutron lighting & sound systems, Geo Thermal AC & Heat systems, Siematic cabinets, Icynene insulation.

Here are the photos...

hr1617689-17.jpg

hr1617689-18.jpg

hr1617689-19.jpg

hr1617689-20.jpghr1617689-21.jpg

hr1617689-22.jpg

hr1617689-23.jpg

hr1617689-24.jpg

hr1617689-25.jpg

hr1617689-26.jpg

hr1617689-27.jpg

hr1617689-28.jpg

hr1617689-29.jpg

hr1617689-30.jpg

hr1617689-31.jpg

We were on a baseball team 2 years ago with a family that lived right down the street from that thing. I don't remember how we got on the subject of it, but they claimed the owners had gone into bankruptcy and were living in the house partially finished (sheet rock and wires). The pictures look pretty finished though.

I believe people should be able to build whatever style and however big they want, but sometimes you just wish there were some taste police running amuck that said, "uh, no, I don't think so, try again."

LOL. poor arturo, pardon the pun.

i'm thinking.....a couple rap videos could save this manse.

i like mies van der rohe, richard meier and some michael graves; however, i don't know if i like this house. it isn't truly modern (in a strict sense of the word) is it?

I went to school with Pimienta's kids. Also knew a few of the people unfortunate enough to have to live on the same street as that architectural monstrosity. It looks like something a coked out yuppie would have designed in the '80s and the furniture looks like it was stolen from the set of Beetlejuice.

• 1 year later...
  • The title was changed to $4.3 Million Dollar Home May Be Put Up For Auction In The Woodlands

Archived