Construction In Eastwood

I just noticed, driving along Park Street, that at 4506 Park Dr., which is along the south side of the street between Lockwood and Woodside, that a new two-story home is being framed. I don't recall whether this had been a vacant lot or whether it is a teardown/rebuild. I also don't know whether it is a builder or a private individual that is doing it.

If it is a builder, this would be the first McMansion for Eastwood.

I dunno....this house is pretty McMansion-esque to me.

I don't know, doesn't seem like it'd really qualify as a McMansion. Looks more like what various non-profits have tried to develop as affordable housing. Looks decent, but certainly not at all ostentatious or targeting folks of higher means from outside the community.

Know what I mean?

I don't know, doesn't seem like it'd really qualify as a McMansion. Looks more like what various non-profits have tried to develop as affordable housing. Looks decent, but certainly not at all ostentatious or targeting folks of higher means from outside the community.

Know what I mean?

Agreed. I believe that same block has a few nearly identical-looking two story homes that were built in the mid-90's. They are probably 'affordable housing' of some sort, and don't appear to have been particularly well maintained. :(

Regarding 4506, HCAD shows that as recently as 2006 there was an improved structure on the property. However, now they list it as vacant land. It is a very small lot! However, I can't really tell right now, but it appears to have a front porch, so hopefully it will at least keep with the style of the area.

I recall hearing that Bill England has a lot on Walker he might build a new house on. However, I also recall that he said it wouldn 't overshadow the surrounding homes, so no McMansion there either.

Agreed. I believe that same block has a few nearly identical-looking two story homes that were built in the mid-90's. They are probably 'affordable housing' of some sort, and don't appear to have been particularly well maintained. :(

Regarding 4506, HCAD shows that as recently as 2006 there was an improved structure on the property. However, now they list it as vacant land. It is a very small lot! However, I can't really tell right now, but it appears to have a front porch, so hopefully it will at least keep with the style of the area.

I recall hearing that Bill England has a lot on Walker he might build a new house on. However, I also recall that he said it wouldn 't overshadow the surrounding homes, so no McMansion there either.

Someone who lives on Park Drive told me that the house originally on that lot had burned down and that the owner was planning to rebuild.

I dunno....this house is pretty McMansion-esque to me.

How funny, thats the same house that had quite a bit of lumber left over when completed. They told me I could have it so..... :P

FYI, the older houses across the street from Dumble and beyond towards Lenox street are worthy of saving. (Another hidden Houston secret). Quite scary in day & night but older somewhat historical homes can be saved before the wrecking ball comes. Sounds like its knocking pretty near too.

Again, homes behind little Pat's Grocery on Dumble (east). Not sure if still called Pat's though. Our neighbor's owned it back in the day. Tiny nabe behind Lenox Barbecue, check em out.

• The title was changed to Construction In Eastwood

Archived