Non-Stop To Aberdeen, Scotland

nate

It's all about oil/gas exploration. Aberdeen is the jumping off point for almost all North Sea exploration and it makes sense to connect that part of Scotland with Houston.

I hope this works. It seems like the market can handle 200 seats a week (each direction). Will be nice for IAH spotters to see a 757 (non Continental)!

I used to make that commute regularly, and always with a connection in London. Sometimes I'd even have to bus it from Gatwick to Heathrow for the connection. A Royal PITA.

This flight would have been a godsend. Based on the number of people I would see on the IAH-LGR flight that would also end up on the flight to Aberdeen, I don't think they will have any problem filling the seats.

I used to make that commute regularly, and always with a connection in London. Sometimes I'd even have to bus it from Gatwick to Heathrow for the connection. A Royal PITA.

This flight would have been a godsend. Based on the number of people I would see on the IAH-LGR flight that would also end up on the flight to Aberdeen, I don't think they will have any problem filling the seats.

Does anyone know the details of this? Will it be a scheduled common carrier, or charter-type? And, more to the point, will it be available for booking by anyone or just by oil industry folk (like the flights to Africa)

Does anyone know the details of this? Will it be a scheduled common carrier, or charter-type? And, more to the point, will it be available for booking by anyone or just by oil industry folk (like the flights to Africa)

CityStar is a small carrier but it isn't a charter operation. In addition to serving the Houston and Aberdeen markets, CityStar will be able to offer connections from Aberdeen to several Scandanavian destinations too; many with oil interests as well. I would imagine lots of biz folks would love to make connections and clear customs at a small Scotish airport for onward connections to Stavenger, Helsinki, Stockholm, etc... rather than LGW/LHR, CDG, AMS, or FRA.

• The title was changed to Non-Stop To Aberdeen, Scotland

Archived