Lifestyle Change

TheNiche

I'd decided on buying a large sailboat and living on it. But that aspiration is in jeopardy. It is not even an option to buy one of those home kits and build it on Turtle Lake, as I would also have liked very much. My new employer has betrayed my trust. There is no flexibility, all in order to make some jealous admins twice my age and probably earning less than I a false sense of justice.

Many employees see themselves as in some way subordinate to their immediate boss, their employer, or to the system. I do not. I am merely providing services to a client, an individual inescapably equal to myself. They are not entitled to my services.

Although I'm reeeeeeeally drunk and will probably delete this post in the morning, I sincerely hope at this moment that somebody passes it along as advance warning. I'd rather live as a poor entrepreneur in a roach-infested garage apartment in a bad neighborhood than to make good money, tethered to a lie.

Preserved for posterity.

I'd decided on buying a large sailboat and living on it. But that aspiration is in jeopardy. It is not even an option to buy one of those home kits and build it on Turtle Lake, as I would also have liked very much. My new employer has betrayed my trust. There is no flexibility, all in order to make some jealous admins twice my age and probably earning less than I a false sense of justice.

Many employees see themselves as in some way subordinate to their immediate boss, their employer, or to the system. I do not. I am merely providing services to a client, an individual inescapably equal to myself. They are not entitled to my services.

Although I'm reeeeeeeally drunk and will probably delete this post in the morning, I sincerely hope at this moment that somebody passes it along as advance warning. I'd rather live as a poor entrepreneur in a roach-infested garage apartment in a bad neighborhood than to make good money, tethered to a lie.

Welcome to the real world of work.

I'd rather live as a poor entrepreneur in a roach-infested garage apartment in a bad neighborhood than to make good money, tethered to a lie.

You'll never be happy working for someone else so the sooner you create your own way the better. Trust me, I'm the same and I've felt that way since I was 17 and now, many, many years later...guess what? I feel exactly the same way.

rocioromero

These might interest you as they can be elevated for waterfront property and built to hurricane code.

My husband and I are about to escape to Padre Island, and downsize our possessions, but upgrade out mental attitudes, plus kayak a lot more.

This is a very cool design. Can you give us some details on what the total buildout would be on one of these? It appears the prices shown are for materials only, with delivery, labor, electrical, plumbing and HVAC all extra.

Archived