What would you do to make this house have more curb appeal

http://search.har.com/engine/dispSearch.cf...mp;backButton=Y

You can see on the left and right of the door where a small wall used to be. I would like to have that rebuilt, but I don't think I will ever be able to match the brick.

We are downsizing, downpricing, downliving, moving on down. Inside is nice. Outside is butt ugly.

Thanks.

Edited by PapillionWyngs

You can see on the left and right of the door where a small wall used to be. I would like to have that rebuilt, but I don't think I will ever be able to match the brick.

We are downsizing, downpricing, downliving, moving on down. Inside is nice. Outside is butt ugly.

I've already thought of shutters, and trying to find a brick paint that matches to take away the mortar stains. But it is still going to be ugly.

Thanks.

Thanks.

hr1969694-2.jpg

Current Front

house.jpg

After

Edited by Mark F. Barnes

I'd suggest some window shutters. Deep red mulch around the plants so it really pops. The plants around the front side of the garage could use that kind of attention as well. Repaint the brown a light, soft, earth-tone green; something along the green called "April Mist" on www.behr.com. It would compliment the mulch color.

How about the small wall be made of decorative wood fence panels painted the same color as the gutters.

I'm not sure what I would do with the garage door. Perhaps a creamy color that matches the front door as well.

Edited by flyingman

I agree with repainting the trim a nice soft green. Maybe a sage color. I also fully agree with the shutters. When I bought my house I couldnt quite figure out what was missing and why the the front of my home looked so blah. It had the same colors as yours. My neighbor said that there used to be shutters on the front windows. I went to Lowes and bought shutters, painted them a soft green along with all my trim and its a new house. I also added lots of blooming plants to add color. After that we had a write up in our neighborhood news paper as the most improved home. It was really a cheap way to change the look of the house.

You need to get rid of that "Flower Bed" in front first off. I would put Bahama Shutters over those two windows in front. Dig out that bed in front of the garage and put soem Azaleas in there. Build a bed around that front tree. Build a fence out and along the side of the house. Paint the garage door a nice beige to compliment the brick. Since you are talking about rebuilding the wall, why not build the wall to make a courtyard out of that existing bed in front of those windows. That would close off some noise from the street.

Fixed French Doors (single ones on the front) as windows are inexpensive, add more light and look incredible. We've done them before with budget constraints. Then shutters on either side, and I like TJones idea of tall greenery on either side to give lift tp the front.

I don't know what that room is just on the otherside of the garage, but working French doors there.

It shows that you're option pending....are you going to worry about it since you've already gotten an offer?
I'm sorry I wasn't clearer - we are the buyers. One more signature and we are out of option, and closing asap!
Nope, Petroleum Engineer by trade. Just some amateur work in Adobe Photoshop CS2. Just trying to give you an idea or two.
Well I am impressed. What kind of trees are those - in fact, what are all the plants )I love to garden, just can't tell what they are.Can't wait to show that picture to my husband !

Well I am impressed. What kind of trees are those - in fact, what are all the plants )I love to garden, just can't tell what they are.Can't wait to show that picture to my husband !

It's a rendering of a boxwood or so I tried. Some call it an English Boxwood. They winter well, and being in Clear Lake, shouldn't be much of that. Boxwoods don't need a lot of pruning to stay the size that you want. There are small boxwoods that stay under two feet and taller ones that grow to ten or fifteen feet. Getting the right one will go a long way to ease the maintenance hassles. The ones on the ends are suppose to be of the taller variety, that have been trained and pruined to hold that shape. I have a lot of boxwood around my place, they are easy to take care of and like I said they winter well.

backyardwest.jpg

The rough airbrush coloring you see is to represent some type of wildflower to give it some color. They will have to be replanted every year but it give you an excuse to change stuff up colorwise.

PICT0015.jpg

some reworking of/creating beds and gardening would probably make a world of difference. and maybe some trim/shutters like others have suggested.

i agree with Mark - boxwoods (japanese, maybe) would be a nice base shrub, with flowering plants as accents. imo, i would avoid red tip photinias

some reworking of/creating beds and gardening would probably make a world of difference. and maybe some trim/shutters like others have suggested.

i agree with Mark - boxwoods (japanese, maybe) would be a nice base shrub, with flowering plants as accents. imo, i would avoid red tip photinias

Ditto on the red tip photinias, they have lots of issues.