Veritex Community Bank At 4000 Greenbriar Dr.

A while ago I noticed there was some construction on Greenbriar and the 59 access road. Last time I drove by, it seemed a lot bigger than I originally thought it would be. Does anybody know what is going on there?

I believe it's approximately here.

Edited by Jax
  • Like 1

A while ago I noticed there was some construction on Greenbriar and the 59 access road. Last time I drove by, it seemed a lot bigger than I originally thought it would be. Does anybody know what is going on there?

Looks like a shopping center, but at 3 stories, it is a bit weird.

• Like 1

The sign at the site says Green Bank:

http://www.greenbank.com/

Taller than I had thought it would be, as well...

• Like 1

So many banks!

LOL...yeah, when I first saw the sign pre-construction, I was afraid it'd be yet another small branch bank. I was pleasantly surprised at the size when I found it online, but I still can't visualize what the heck it'll look like when finished

• Like 1

It's a little off topic, but why haven't there been more banks being built within an existing, larger development? They could reduce building costs and establish relationships with their neighboring businesses.

The Chase bank accross from the Whole Foods on West Alabama is the best example I can think of. The Chase bank going up in Midtown is not.

• Like 1

I can't picture the Chase bank near Whole Foods off the top of my head. What larger development is it integrated with?

Wachovia used to occupy the ground floor of an office building on Kirby near Richmond, and then they built their own dedicated building a few blocks North on Kirby near Westheimer. I have no idea why they did this, but they must be able to somehow justify the cost. I'm not sure if it was all for increased visibility or if there was some other reason. The Wachovia in Midtown is exactly the same.

• Like 1

I can't picture the Chase bank near Whole Foods off the top of my head. What larger development is it integrated with?

on the southeast corner of alabama and kirby (across from whole foods) is Borders, then the next block over is Chase

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...000000005,0.5,0

funny enough, my mind just went blank on what else is there with the bank

edit - ooh, i spotted a Norton Ditto

Edited by sevfiv
  • Like 1

Wachovia used to occupy the ground floor of an office building on Kirby near Richmond, and then they built their own dedicated building a few blocks North on Kirby near Westheimer. I have no idea why they did this, but they must be able to somehow justify the cost. I'm not sure if it was all for increased visibility or if there was some other reason. The Wachovia in Midtown is exactly the same.

Maybe, this being Houston and all, this method will help:

That Chase Bank sits on the spot where The Ale House used to be.

I'm a Chase customer and it's the closest one to my house, but I can't get myself to go there. A pox on that whole center.

• Like 1

Maybe, this being Houston and all, this method will help:

That Chase Bank sits on the spot where The Ale House used to be.

I'm a Chase customer and it's the closest one to my house, but I can't get myself to go there. A pox on that whole center.

good call - helps to ward off the collective amnesia that developers hope stays around :P

In 1999, work began on a new strip mall nearby. At the end of a three-year legal battle the Ale House was demolished to make room for a parking lot.

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/Buildi..._House__The.php

• Like 1

yep - it was not listed on the LEED site, so i had figured they meant green as in:

"It's the color of money," notes Mehos, chairman and CEO of Green Bancorp.

The name also implies growth.

"We want to get to $500 million as quickly as possible," says Mehos.

4zx5ah2.jpg

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Veritex Community Bank At 4000 Greenbriar Dr.