Fox & Hound Restaurant At FM 1960 & Highway 249

jimcas

Looks like the old Champps restaurant near 249 and 1960 is going to be a Fox & Hound.

This place is pretty popular in College Station on University Drive. Its more of a bar with food than a great restaurant with a bar - but overall it could be a lot worse than Fox & Hound (like empty as it's been for the last year). Kind of reminds me a bit of Baker Street pub and grill.

Got 'em here in abq too. I go watch football games there and have a coke. I don't really recommend the food.

So what the heck is it exactly? There is one on Fuqua and I always wondered what the fudge it is? Place to get smashed, meat market or what?

Reminds of that old Seinfeld commercial...Release the hounds (in British speak) :lol:

Fox and Hound is a great place, very pub-ish. Great place for pool, or watching the game. and the food isnt too bad either. The Westheimer location always pulls in a good crowd. I think the Willowbrook location will be a success.

Saw the sign in the window this weekend too. I've been to the one on Westhimer right outside the beltway many times. Nice place to hang out. Draws a good crowd. I'd say alot like Baker Street but with more to do like Pool, Darts, Etc. More like an English Pub/Sports Bar.

I think it will work out great although Baker Street will suffer.

Here is their site if ya wanna browse around it...

http://www.tentcorp.com/index.php

• 3 weeks later...
Yup. They had their invite only "practice" sessions for bar and wait staff Monday and Tuesday.

Hmmm...a bar with practice sessions. I like it!

Now that it's almost drinking season again (football season), I'm woefully behind on my drinking skills. My liver is nowhere near gameday shape. I may look a little rusty for the first couple of weeks of tailgating.

Yup. They had their invite only "practice" sessions for bar and wait staff Monday and Tuesday. Was invited but didn't go. Friends that went said that the interior was completely redone and it was nice. Should be open within the week.

Yes, I went in on Monday morning and the interior looks really nice. Manager was happy to show off the plasma TVs.

This will be a good game-watching location.

• The title was changed to Fox & Hound Restaurant At FM 1960 & Highway 249

Archived