Millennium Tower I: Office At 10375 Richmond Ave.

bruce_oneal

what's the story with the millenium tower building at the corner of richmond and beltway 8. i live in westchase and have always liked its distinctive crown (kinda like a half tube) and the silver and dark bands. it is almost like a miniature william's tower that anchors this end of the city.

millen_tower.gif

The best I can say is to start at Westchase District and see if you can track down the owners of the building to see if they have a history on the web.  I think it's coincidently, where the Westchase District headquarters are. That's just an educated guess however. Sorry I can't give you more info, as I live in Westchase also, and I don't know :(

PS - I do love this neighborhood though :)

i love westchase too. before moving out here, i thought it was kinda like the suburbs (after all i grew right outside loop 610 off of almeda road), but now i realize it is a stop on the WAY to the suburbs (westheimer extended, highway 6 and beyond).

The best I can say is to start at Westchase District and see if you can track down the owners of the building to see if they have a history on the web.  I think it's coincidently, where the Westchase District headquarters are. That's just an educated guess however. Sorry I can't give you more info, as I live in Westchase also, and I don't know :(

PS - I do love this neighborhood though :)

here's what i found ... the building houses atlantis data systems, although not sure if they are the lead tenant or commissioned the building of this tower.

i bet!  since there is not much (in the way of tall buildings) around, i bet you can have a great view of the sunsets or the sunrises against east houston.  do you know if they have an observation deck of any kind?

I work in one of those high-rise buildings on the west side of Beltway 8, north of Wertheimer. We have spectacular views on all sides. Looking east, I can see the entire area between Beltway 8 and Uptown. Of course, that area is mostly residential and full of trees. From up there, one can appreciate the greenery we have in Houston. Those pictures we see in the ads for new high-rise condominiums rising up in a jungle aren

You might have to take a picture tomorrow and show us. Sometimes things look different from 20 stories up!

Have you had a chance to drive around the area any? Are you still looking for a house?

Since I live in Westchase currently, I have driven around a lot in the area. Yeah, I am still looking for a house. Its no easy task given all the choices available. I do like Briargrove Park which isnt too far from here and is a very nice neighborhood.

By the way, I did go inside Royal Oaks this weekend as well. Those are beautiful homes indeed! Since most if them are custom, the variety is interesting. McMansions or not, I wouldnt mind living in one of them if I could afford!

I would surely keep my camera handy at work and take some pics of the views on a nice, clear day.

do you know if they have an observation deck of any kind?

i don't think so

That I know of, Walnut Bend is the last traditional inner-city, single family home, neighborhood heading west on Westheimer. All the neighborhoods past that are either cookie cutter, have community mail-boxes, street-side mail boxes, no sidewalks, ditches, no trees, or some other feature (or lack there of) keeping them from being what I consider an "inner-city" type neighborhood (that I know of).

I agree that Westchase is not a suburb. Its very urban. I think with the current development & motivation of the Westchase District, that the area will only improve and grow more commercial.

I sometimes call Westchase: "Uptown's Little Brother" :)

i lived in walnut bend (behind wendy's and syms) and that was (still is) a really nice area unfortunately the houses were kinda pricy for their size.

but, i don't think westchase (walnut bend is not in westchase) is very urban but on the same token, it's not completely suburban either. it's kinda in between...

i don't think so

i lived in walnut bend (behind wendy's and syms) and that was (still is) a really nice area unfortunately the houses were kinda pricy for their size.

but, i don't think westchase (walnut bend is not in westchase) is very urban but on the same token, it's not completely suburban either. it's kinda in between...

Looking at the map of super neighborhoods, Westchase is south of Westheimer, west of Gessner, north of Westpark and east of Old Westhemier. This area is mostly commercial consisting of apartment complexes, office buildings and retail center. Thus, its more of a business district. As per this map, the only residential area in Westchase is a portion of Royal Oaks. Walnut Bend and Briargrove park are therefore in Briarforest neighborhood.

Looking at the map of super neighborhoods, Westchase is south of Westheimer, west of Gessner, north of Westpark and east of Old Westhemier. This area is mostly commercial consisting of apartment complexes, office buildings and retail center. Thus, its more of a business district. As per this map, the only residential area in Westchase is a portion of Royal Oaks. Walnut Bend and Briargrove park are therefore in Briarforest neighborhood.

yes, that is correct. westchase was developed and built by tenneco (now el paso energy) while neighborhoods like walnut bend and others north of westheimer were long established before then.

I live in Westchase near Westheimer and I pay $460 a month! I love it out here!! :) everything is around! NOW get that Dinky Target out of there and put in a Super Target!!! PLEASE!

yeah the rents are reasonable, there is EVERYTHING close by ... the only thing i hate is the westheimer traffic in the late afternoons ... i usually take richmond if i can.

• 3 weeks later...

My friend use to work for "ThinkTanks.com (Worldwide)" which was an Internet Company, born and raised here in Houston. After the ".com" bust happened, the company went bankrupt. Everytime I would visit her at work, I aways remembered to exit the freeway when I saw this building...

• 1 month later...
Guest KOKON Steel

I like buildings with crowns on them. They are like "Hey look at me, I won a beauty pageant.". I also think it look just like the Bill (Williams) Tower, just because it's a steel structure with glass cladding...some of which is blue in tint. Man I thought I was the only one who saw the complete resemblance.

I think it's really neat. Much neater than going on safari and coming back to the states malnourished.

(I'll post pics soon).

Promise me not to visit the Congo (formerly Zaire) in summertime with only an industrial sized box of fruit roll-ups. It's been done, and I can attest to the fact that it WONT WORK!

:unsure:

-Later,

K. Steel

• 9 years later...

Awesome. Right next to the freeway; is that going to be a parking garage? They seem to be digging deep.

This tower is not right next to the freeway but rather behind Millennium Tower I (facing Richmond). The lot cleared facing Beltway 8 is for an apartment complex wrapped around an interior garage. http://houstonnewcomerguides.com/news/the-heights-of-westchase-now-underway-westchase-district

• The title was changed to Millennium Tower I: Office At 10375 Richmond Ave.

Archived