I need help finding an observation deck !

I need a little help folks. Does anyone know of any skyscrapers downtown that have an observation deck in downtown Houston, something in the 30 to 40 story range? I only know of Chase Bank now. I remember that Heritage Plaza used to have one when it was still the Texaco building? or whatever Heritage used to be.

If perhaps anyone on the forum would possibly be in a position to invite me and my 5yr. old daughter up to their office. I know , "really weird request", but that's who REALLY REALLY RRRRRREEEEEAAAALLLLLYYYY, wants to go see Houston from high up. I was thinking about taking her to the Spindle Top for dinner, but I don't think she could last more than about 15 minutes being up that high, before she started getting anxious.

Edited by TJones

A quick fix is always the Hilton Skyline Deck. Of course you need a room key to get onto the deck from the 24th floor, but with a little luck, you can slide in right behind a paying customer.

This is the view you'll get at sunset:

003ml2.th.jpg

This is the view an hour later:

001yq2.th.jpg

Just go into the lobby, hang a right, go past Spencer's & ride the elevator to 24. Get off, hang two sharp lefts (past the skyline grill) and through the pool/deck entrance door. If you go around 3pm (before they open), you might be able to get the hostess at the skyline grill to let you shoot from inside the restaurant, which will give you these views:

005py5.th.jpg

006st9.th.jpg

Edited by Jeebus

I need a little help folks. Does anyone know of any skyscrapers downtown that have an observation deck in downtown Houston, something in the 30 to 40 story range? I only know of Chase Bank now. I remember that Heritage Plaza used to have one when it was still the Texaco building? or whatever Heritage used to be.

If perhaps anyone on the forum would possibly be in a position to invite me and my 5yr. old daughter up to their office. I know , "really weird request", but that's who REALLY REALLY RRRRRREEEEEAAAALLLLLYYYY, wants to go see Houston from high up. I was thinking about taking her to the Spindle Top for dinner, but I don't think she could last more than about 15 minutes being up that high, before she started getting anxious.

Try Wellsfargo's skylobbys on a weekday. It's a great view and if your daughter gets anxious you can easily get on the elevator and be at ground level in seconds. BTW, when I was a kid my dad took us to the top of the Humble Building's observation deck and I got vertigo like you wouldn't believe. Then he took us to the Petroleum Club for lunch and I was so jazzed I ended up being hooked on skyscrapers ever since. Now everytime we go to NYC I have to go to the Rainbow Room or the Empire State Building at least once to get my fix.

Hey TJ, I took the kids to the sky lobby (60th floor) at Chase a few weeks ago, and they flipped out. It was really alot of fun.

I've got a friend who lives on the 18th floor of the Houston House apartments and his view (West) is spectacular. PM me if your interested, although it's real tough to beat the sky lobby at Chase.

I'll go hit Chase then, thanks Gary. Thanks to the others also who actually helped me with suggestions.

Editor, you think people are holding grudges against little ol' ME ? Oh well, what are ya gonna do, that's the world we live in.

Edited by TJones

There is also a cafe on the 43rd(?) floor of the Wedge Building. Great views of western Midtown and the Montrose and also downtown. They also have an outside deck you can step on just without a camera or when it is raining.

Here's one pic I took from the joint.

346617966_46c862da61_o.jpg

Edited by WesternGulf

I thought the restaurant at Wedge was private, is that no longer true?

The 43rd is open at lunch, but no longer for happy hour or dinner. Nice views, but don't expect many people to be there at lunchtime, as very few people go. But again, great views.