Loma Linda Mexican Restaurant At 2111 Telephone Rd.

yak23flora

My family used to drive from teh Sagemont area up to Loma Linda restaurant, it was somehwere off Telephone around Park Place, maybe. Is the building still there, and if so, where is it?

I used to love that place as a kid, I remember they had velvet dresses on the walls and the staff knew our family as regulars. I'd love to go look at the place and see if it is what I remember - 1950's styled brick and angled glass.

• Like 1

it was on griggs across from palm center. there's some info i believe in the palm center thread.

and of course there is still fiesta loma linda on telephone between 45 and lawndale

• 3 weeks later...

There was another Loma Linda on Westheimer which I believe was located where Christie's is now at the corner of Westheimer and Greenridge. When I first moved here in 1977 it was the first mexican restaurant I ate at in Houston. I am going to assume here that Loma Linda was a chain of some sort then?

There was another Loma Linda on Westheimer which I believe was located where Christie's is now at the corner of Westheimer and Greenridge. When I first moved here in 1977 it was the first mexican restaurant I ate at in Houston. I am going to assume here that Loma Linda was a chain of some sort then?

I guess i just remember the griggs one. all i ever ordered off the child's menu was roasted turkey with french fries.

I guess i just remember the griggs one. all i ever ordered off the child's menu was roasted turkey with french fries.

I believe Loma Linda used to have 4 or 5 restaurants. I used to go to one somewhere in SW Houston, maybe around Meyerland/Stella Link - or maybe it was over by the Dome off Buffalo Speedway - but I can't remember exactly where because I know I'm getting it confused with Los Tios.

I (and most locals) personally thought this place way over rated to begin with. The one on Telephone Rd/Gulf frwy is so expensive you might as well eat at a fancy place away from funky East End. At least you get a beautiful view anywhere else while you eat. This one has a great view of the Welfare line across the street. It's a miracle it is still in business. The Dog & Cat (as locals called it) Mex Restuarant down the block by tracks was a notch better. Closed 10 yrs ago but wasn't a rip off joint like this place.

Again, if your gonna spend lots of mula head for more upscale part of town. I love East End! :lol:

• The title was changed to Loma Linda Restaurant Off Park Place/Telephone Rd.
  • The title was changed to Loma Linda Mexican Restaurant At 2111 Telephone Rd.