Dallas 7-Eleven Converted to Simpson's Kwik-E-Mart

Dallas 7-Eleven converted to Simpsons-themed Kwik-E-Mart

Dallas Business Journal - 11:46 AM CDT Monday, July 2, 2007

Fans of "The Simpsons" TV show will be able to experience a little bit of Homer and Bart's world as a local 7-Eleven store has been transformed into a Kwik-E-Mart.

32599.jpg

Fans of the show are familiar with the Kwik-E-Mart featured in the popular TV show. But Dallas-based 7-Eleven is bringing fiction to life, with the conversion of the store at Northwest Highway and Hillcrest Road in Dallas. The store was converted as part of a month-long promotion of The Simpsons Movie, due out July 27.

SPRINGFIELDBANK.jpg

The 7-Eleven chain transformed 12 of its stores in North America to Kwik-E-Marts. The stores will feature products such as KrustyO's cereal, Buzz Cola and other Simpsons-related merchandise. The stores will not, however, sell Homer Simpson's favorite drink, Duff Beer, because of the movie's PG-13 rating.

The Dallas Kwik-E-Mart is the only one in Texas.

RALPH.jpg

KMCORNER.jpg

HOTDOGS.jpg

HOMER.jpg

BUZZCOLA.jpg

BREGRUDGINGLY.jpg

APU.jpg

3FOR3.jpg

I'm a big fan of 7-11 after growing up in San Diego about a block from the slurpee machine... I mean 7-11. I went on Saturday and it was the busiest I've ever seen a convenience store. It was hard to walk around inside or outside the store without being in someone's photo. Even some Simpson-like clouds showed up for my visit:

kwikemart.jpg

Do you know how long the stores will be "Kwik-E-Marts"? When will they switch back to 7-11? I'm going to be in Los Angeles next month and would like to go to the one in Burbank if it's still Simpson-fied.

In the words of Apu, "Who needs the Kwik-E-Mart? I dooooooooo!"

Archived