i really like this one guys let me know what u think!

location is person dependent. where do you work? hang out?

I personally would avoid the stucco. You're asking for trouble long term.

Unless the stucco job was done sub par, there shouldn't be any long term issues with it.

Stucco, done properly, will last a lifetime.

But this brings up a good point. Make sure to have an inspector check out the stucco and moisture barriers on the walls, as well as everything else a good inspector will look for.

Unless the stucco job was done sub par, there shouldn't be any long term issues with it.

Stucco, done properly, will last a lifetime.

But this brings up a good point. Make sure to have an inspector check out the stucco and moisture barriers on the walls, as well as everything else a good inspector will look for.

some lifetimes are shorter than others. This is fake stucco not the real mccoy. i've seen so many with cracks in them that it really makes me wonder how many will be plagued with mold problems prematurely.

When I saw this post I took a look at the house. A couple of things struck me ... I like that floor plan! Damn, I love the kitchen and small office/bedroom at the back. Kinda like a hide-away. Anyhow, I also like the built-in cabinets and dressers and the fireplace.

I have no experience with stucco so can't advise you there, and the house is way out of my pay grade, but it's nice to dream.

BTW, I showed the link to a friend of mine that lives in Washington, DC and she said that something like this house would be well into the $1.2M range there.

Go figure.

Edited by houstonmacbro

Noob, here is what I think. If YOU like it, and it is in your budget to own it, and the neighborhood is NOT scary to you! Then go for it. I think it is fine. If that is the style you want you may want to look over by the Allen Parkway off Dallas. They are slowly getting the Crackheads out of that area, and I predict within 2 years, all of that area will be condos like yours, and be a swanky place to live. You will probably save $100k or so, moving in that area NOW, also. There is also some NICE new ones being built in the Montrose and W.Gray area. Not sure what the price tag is though.

Edited by TJones

some lifetimes are shorter than others. This is fake stucco not the real mccoy. i've seen so many with cracks in them that it really makes me wonder how many will be plagued with mold problems prematurely.

Absolutely. But the initial statement should have been qualified with "Make sure it's a good stucco system like traditional 3/4 or tievs (which is actually crappy)" rather than a blanket statement on stucco.

It does seem a bit expensive for the area and what you're getting. I'd expect a modest home automation/media system included for that kind of money with so little done inside.

But like others have said, if you like it and can afford it, buy it.

Noob, I lived about 3 blocks from that house for 5 years. I don't recall ever seeing a crackhead in the neiborhood, but others who purchase crack may know better than I. Lisa Faronda lived a block south of there for several years. Only problems I ever saw there was the occasional car break in. Since you have a garage, that is not an issue.

If the style suits you, and the neighborhood suits you, there is nothing much to worry about. I don't think $150 per square foot in that area is out of line, if the construction and finishes are solid. Parking for visitors is pretty tight on the streets there. Not sure if that is that big a deal.

Good luck.

Noob, I lived about 3 blocks from that house for 5 years. I don't recall ever seeing a crackhead in the neiborhood, but others who purchase crack may know better than I. Lisa Faronda lived a block south of there for several years. Only problems I ever saw there was the occasional car break in. Since you have a garage, that is not an issue.

If the style suits you, and the neighborhood suits you, there is nothing much to worry about. I don't think $150 per square foot in that area is out of line, if the construction and finishes are solid. Parking for visitors is pretty tight on the streets there. Not sure if that is that big a deal.

Good luck.

First, with land in the Sixth Ward pushing $50 psf, this is not expensive for the area. Second, there is absolutely nothing to fear with regard to the neighborhood. If you've ever live in an urban environment you'll be fine. As others have mentioned, the biggest issue is going to be construction quality. I've looked at a handful of townhouses inside the loop that are in this price range. My experience has been that in terms of finishes they often look much nicer in the pictures than in real life.

First, with land in the Sixth Ward pushing $50 psf, this is not expensive for the area. Second, there is absolutely nothing to fear with regard to the neighborhood.
a good friend (and her fiance) got murdered on 12/22/05 in that neighborhood. Her neighbor called me recently to chat. He's said he's watching out more.

Good luck.

I lived about three blocks from that place for about three years myself. Actually, West End (which is what this is) is doing better than Sixth Ward in terms of price appreciation. Still, this place would be in the higher end of townhouses in that area. If you plan to stay awhile -- 6-8 years or so -- that's fine. Anything less than that and it'll probably cost you to move. If you think you might move in the next 3-6 years, I'd recommend something more in the $280-$320K range in this area. The appreciation and demand is higher for those in this neighborhood and you will see returns and insulation for your value more rapidly.

As for the neighborhood -- it's great. Close to everything, insulated from traffic and most undesirable elements. I don't know where the crackhead comments came from, maybe that's a Stafford world view.

Guest danax
As for the neighborhood -- it's great. Close to everything, insulated from traffic and most undesirable elements. I don't know where the crackhead comments came from, maybe that's a Stafford world view.

I was driving down one of those side streets just about a month ago, just a few blocks from there, and got approached by what I presumed was a crack dealer, standing on the corner while I stopped at the stop sign. No big deal though, but that nabe still has remnants of what it used to be for many, many decades.

It does appear to be on the high side of what's around there, but it is a big place. I like the classic early 21st century modern loft styling. I would've rather seen wood floors throughout instead of concrete and carpet.

so i drove by the place today...good god that place looks unsafe....i mean there are nice condos in the area, but there are shacks in the area as well..i guess this area is being gentrified or something. Neways, i also didnt like that area because the streets were all crap, foilage everywhere...looked like it was the bayou

so i drove by the place today...good god that place looks unsafe....i mean there are nice condos in the area, but there are shacks in the area as well..i guess this area is being gentrified or something. Neways, i also didnt like that area because the streets were all crap, foilage everywhere...looked like it was the bayou

LOL! What did you expect? You're in Houston!

:lol:

so i drove by the place today...good god that place looks unsafe....i mean there are nice condos in the area, but there are shacks in the area as well..i guess this area is being gentrified or something.
sounds like a burb person to me!!

Well, it sounds as though you're not going to like living in the loop, or the beltway for that matter. Enjoy the commute.

nah maybe ill move to the musuem district or river oaks or upper kirby, or perhaps the mosaic or cosmopolitan...enjoy your commute too!

The Museum District is easily seedier than Rice Military, and the Mosiac is similarly surrounded by run down homes. River Oaks and Upper Kirby might be close to what you have in mind, but you won't find much in the $400k range in those nabes.