Happy Father's Day!

Guest Marty

Guest Marty

My father passed away last April at 54 because of a major stroke make sure you spend as much time as you can with your dad, you never know life can be short sometimes.

Use your time wisely.

My father passed away last April at 54 because of a major stroke make sure you spend as much time as you can with your dad, you never know life can be short sometimes.

Use your time wisely.

I'm with you, Marty. My father died a few years ago when he was 50. Found in the parking lot at Newark airport.

Guest Marty
I'm with you, Marty. My father died a few years ago when he was 50. Found in the parking lot at Newark airport.

The good die young. Puma's Y Tube videos are a good way to preserve the memories instead of being on the top shelf of a closet in a shoe box.

Puma's Y Tube videos are a good way to preserve the memories instead of being on the top shelf of a closet in a shoe box.

Thank you Marty. My Dad emailed me this back after he watched it Sunday:

Dear Payam,

I sincerely proud of you. This was the best present I have ever someone given to me specially from my own proud son. I really enjoyed watching it. I hope to be live long enough to see even seeing you more success in your life.

Again, love and kisses for you and missed you guys. Hope to see you soon,

Love, Dad

I am going to make another round of videos, likely around my Mom's birthday in January, to the tune of KT Tunstall's "Suddenly I See"

• 11 months later...

It's funny that every time Dad's day comes around I think of something very silly I once got my dad and to this day I have no clue why I got it!?

I must have been about 11 years old and got him a cheap ash tray. He was not even a smoker but I assumed most grown up men should have one like a tie? I just remember him saying Thanks and placing on a shelf. :mellow::lol:

Can you recall buying something really out of wack for your dad? When you were a kid of course.

Don't get an ash tray...

I remember getting my dad a box of peanut brittle when I was 6. I picked it out because I was hungry.

My daughter usually gets me a heart shaped box of chocolates and flowers. I hate flowers and have plenty of chocolate. I told my fiancee to suggest this to her this year:

10556_trauma_center_new_blood-v2-orig.png

I think one year I got my dad this hand painted rock thing (no bigger than my hand) for a buck from a garage sale. I can't remember anything else, none of it was any good. We went and played golf and drank beer one year (after I had moved out), that was the best.

Is it wrong that I am hoping for something from Spec's for my first father's day? I think not.

Why, is the kid driving you to drink ??? :lol:

Sure, I can see the SPec's commercial, "This Father's Day..........get your alcoholic father the gift he really deserves.......BOOZE !!! All fifths are on sale 2 for $20 this Father's Day. Make this Father's Day special, and maybe you'll get lucky this year and he'll blackout before he gets around to smacking Mom across the face."

Definitely not! I drink way less now (how responsible of me!). But since I drink so little now, I only do the good stuff. So I guess the little girl has made me into a (worse than before) beer and scotch snob. I'll thank her in 20 years when she will understand that.

Definitely not! I drink way less now (how responsible of me!). But since I drink so little now, I only do the good stuff. So I guess the little girl has made me into a (worse than before) beer and scotch snob. I'll thank her in 20 years when she will understand that.

I can't be a beer snob anymore, way too expensive to buy one bottle of Chimay at a time when I can buy a six pack of Bud. Scotch tastes like the cologne "English LEather" to me, I am a John Daniel's man, but recently I have been particular to Grey Goose. I guess I am going through a Vodka phase.

Back on topic, I am planning on receiving a work of art from my 6 yr. old, and probably some breakfast. Then I can relax by the pool with some beers. Then I will most likely grill some fajitas.

Sure, I can see the SPec's commercial, "This Father's Day..........get your alcoholic father the gift he really deserves.......BOOZE !!! All fifths are on sale 2 for $20 this Father's Day. Make this Father's Day special, and maybe you'll get lucky this year and he'll blackout before he gets around to smacking Mom across the face."

Too frickin funny.

Maybe something along the lines of "Let Pop - pop a top - this Father's Day. 12 pack Shaffer Light for $4.99. It will cure what 'ales' ya!"

To get back on topic, my standard gift for Dad - Father's Day, Birthday, Christmas, Flag Day - when I was small, was always razor blades and shaving cream. More useful than a painted rock from a garage sale (just kidding 20thSt.) :P

• 8 years later...
  • The title was changed to Happy Father's Day!

Archived