Crickets on 19th St. Also, Nundini's on Shepherd. Actually, I think Cricket's may get their gelato from Nundini's.

A new place just opened up inside of Yappa's at the corner of Main and Franklin.

Crickets on 19th St. Also, Nundini's on Shepherd. Actually, I think Cricket's may get their gelato from Nundini's.

thanks w20th, i did a quick search on crickets but didn't come up with anything. i'm assuming this place is off shepherd??

is this place like a marble slab type?

There's a place in the Kroger shopping center at Westpark & Buffalo Speedway. The name is escaping me right now. It starts with a P maybe. I'll see if I still have the menu in my desk somewhere.

b4-u-eat

my favorite was Dolce & Freddo, best gelato i had outside of italy. they unfortunately closed a couple years ago though...

I'll have to try Nundini

I used to work at Dolce & Freddo, their gelato was the s@#$! I sold liquor with coffee there when I was like 14. So mafia run. lol

Dolce Vita on Westheimer next to Indika has pretty good gelato and great pizza. It's near Montrose.

thanks guys, good info!! especially that b4-u-eat link!!

skwatra, i hear that nundini place is pretty good. we had a sales rep come into our office last week and she brought sandwiches, pasta, and some dessert. it was good!

i asked her where she got the food and she said Nundini. she proceeded to tell me that it was located on shepherd after the railroad tracks passing I-10. sometimes if traffic is bad on I-10 i'll go down shepherd and i have NEVER seen this place. she said it's on the right hand side which is where they have these warehouse lookin places. i'm guessing it's in one of those places, but she explained that they are like a wholesaler or something of that nature where other businesses buy from them.

apparently they have gilato's too from looking at the link u provided, but it seems like it's a very casual place, and not a place you'd take someone on a date etc.

I used to work at Dolce & Freddo

dang girl, you've worked everywhere! lol

thanks w20th, i did a quick search on crickets but didn't come up with anything. i'm assuming this place is off shepherd??

is this place like a marble slab type?

It's on the 19th shopping strip accross from the old folks home. It's more like a coffee shop than a marble slab.

http://houston.tribe.net/recommendation/Cr...3d-6215ffef04b7

http://houston.citysearch.com/profile/40844571/

http://www.b4-u-eat.com/houston/restaurant...ews/rsv2807.asp

Google "crickets creamery houston". Lot more links.

Haven't been there but according to friends Raindrop Chocolate on Waugh just south of Allen Pkwy is "the best" inside-the-loop.

Nundini is one of those hidden gems of Houston. I go there quite a bit to pick up pancetta, olive oil, and other Italian foodstuffs. The gelato is great, but it is definitely not a "date place". It is essentially an Italian foods wholesaler with a small area upfront that sells to the public.

• The title was changed to Best Gelato

Archived