Trader's Village Is A Bunch Of Junk

I went to Trader's Villlage for the first time yesterday. I was expecting to find original hand-made items, antiques, neat stuff, etc. and there were some of those things plus some cute little pets, but about 80% of it was pure junk! Looked like a big 99 cent store. Lots of cheap T-shirts adorned with Scarface, marijuana leaves, guns, $$$ and other assorted thug crap. :rolleyes: What a disappointment and waste of time.

Since I don't frequent flea markets, maybe I should have expected this. I know I won't be going back. I can't believe that place is featured in Houston's visitors' guides.

"You gotta see it, you won't believe it..." Ha!

Junk!

I went to Trader's Villlage for the first time yesterday. I was expecting to find original hand-made items, antiques, neat stuff, etc. and there were some of those things plus some cute little pets, but about 80% of it was pure junk! Looked like a big 99 cent store. Lots of cheap T-shirts adorned with Scarface, marijuana leaves, guns, $$$ and other assorted thug crap. :rolleyes: What a disappointment and waste of time.

Since I don't frequent flea markets, maybe I should have expected this. I know I won't be going back. I can't believe that place is featured in Houston's visitors' guides.

Junk!

good shoppers know how to pass the scarface/marijuana tees. ;) it's all about finding the deal.

You should have seen the huge Scarface paintings in those big gaudy, golden frames.

What is with infatuation with Scarface. I see 12-year-old kids wearing Scarface T-shirts. Why would their parents allow that? Besides, isn't that trend old by now?

I e-mailed Trader's Village and told them what I thought.

You should have seen the huge Scarface paintings in those big gaudy, golden frames.

What is with infatuation with Scarface. I see 12-year-old kids wearing Scarface T-shirts. Why would their parents allow that? Besides, isn't that trend old by now?

it's just thug attire. ignore that crap. their parents are probably wearing it too.

Junk!

I've always go to Traders Village "the world's largest outdoor flea market." Traders Village have some very neat items there. I even found things that the mall sells right there at traders village, with a cheaper price value.

You on the other hand wasn't looking in the right places. It's all about a bargin. Remember, traders village is huge! So, it's alot you will miss in one day. Every weekend the place is packed! I mean, PACKED! They have live bands, sometimes crawfish boil, cookouts, etc. It's a great place to take the family, relatives, or friends coming down to Houston.

I love Trader's Village! It's pure entertainment if you're a people watcher, holy crap are people ODD there. There are great deals to be had, but like a garage sale, you have to wallow in the muck a bit to find some treasure.

• The title was changed to Trader's Village Is A Bunch Of Junk

Archived