Jan Jeffcoat Leaving

Newsdawg

This is according to Isiah Carey via http://carey2.blogspot.com/

It was announced today that FOX 26 morning anchor Jan Jeffcoat is leaving. She is headed to anchor the morning show at FOX in Chicago. The announcement was made by Station Manager D'Artagnan Bebel in a 2:00 pm staff meeting. Jan's last day on the air at FOX 26 will be June 8. There is no word from management who will take her place on the show. Keep reading the Insite for more details. Jan, we wish you the best in the Windy City!

post-3701-1180048707.jpg

It was announced today that FOX 26 morning anchor Jan Jeffcoat is leaving. She is headed to anchor the morning show at FOX in Chicago.

ohhh no, say it aint so. i like jan jeffcoat for the simple reason that she comes across as genuine. she seems like the kind of person you could sit down with and just laugh. in the morning i watch fox when i'm heading out to work and i see the things she laughs at and what makes her laugh and she was one of the few fresh, fun personalities. great...just great...i quit watching khou cuz lisa foronda left now jan is leaving :( hope they get someone likeable. cuz i've said this once and i'll say it again...mike barajas sucks!!

Guest Marty

If it was up to me I would fire everyone on KRIV from top to bottom it's nothing but "Fluff and Razzle Dazzle".

It was announced today that FOX 26 morning anchor Jan Jeffcoat is leaving. She is headed to anchor the morning show at FOX in Chicago. The announcement was made by Station Manager D'Artagnan Bebel in a 2:00 pm staff meeting. Jan's last day on the air at FOX 26 will be June 8. There is no word from management who will take her place on the show. Keep reading the Insite for more details. Jan, we wish you the best in the Windy City!

And to think we lost Taslin Alfonzo for her "supposed" celebrity @$$. I remember that lame hype about her. I say good riddance. I want Taslin back!

10159780_320X240.jpg

And to think we lost Taslin Alfonzo for her "supposed" celebrity @$$. I remember that lame hype about her. I say good riddance. I want Taslin back!

10159780_320X240.jpg

Why did Taslin Alfonzo leave Houston for a lower market?

I remeber when Jan Jeffcoat first camet Houston, she said that she always wanted to move up and that her goal was to get to New York. (something like that)

Why did Taslin Alfonzo leave Houston for a lower market?

She was removed from morning anchor to mid day anchor to make room for Jan :rolleyes: .

I remeber when Jan Jeffcoat first came to Houston, she said that she always wanted to move up and that her goal was to get to New York. (something like that)

Well, she is almost special then, I guess Chicago should plan on replacing Jan pretty soon too, since Jan only thinks New York matters.

After Hall: Fox moves up Houston anchor to replace host of morning news show

In signing Jeffcoat just one week after Hall announced her plans to leave, Fox bosses wasted no time in filling the position. In so doing, they passed over a number of inside candidates.

"We are thrilled to welcome Jan to Chicago," said Pat Mullen, vice president and general manager of Channel 32. "Her award-winning journalism record and extensive morning news experience made her the ideal choice."

I'm gonna miss her ... she was one of the reasons for me watching Fox Morning News (is that what it is called locally?) ... anyhow, since my SO has been here, I rarely get to watch Fox morning and rarely venture past Despierta America ... arrgh.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Archived