Mayor White receives prestigious award

(CBS) This year, Houston Mayor Bill White and Doris Voitier, a school superintendent from Louisiana, will receive the prestigious Profile in Courage award for their public service in the wake of Hurricane Katrina.

The award, named for president John F. Kennedy's Pulitzer prize-winning book, "Profiles in Courage," was created in 1989 in honor of President Kennedy's commitment and contribution to public service. JFK's daughter, Caroline Kennedy, will present this year's awards.

link to full article

Saw Mayor White on television this morning, and thought he made a very good impression. How gratifying to know that the efforts of White and the people of Houston haven't been forgotten.

My opinon, Bill White is so far one of the best mayors in Houston.

Agreed. He's the best hope that Democrats will ever have to win the state governor's seat or just about any other key state position...for that matter, he could probably give the new Harris County judge a run for his money (which would be unfortunate because I like both men).

I am sure that Mayor White will send his award off to have Judge Robert Echols name put on it as well, Yes ?

At the very least, perhaps Mayor White will let Judge Echols display the "Major Award" for half the year, but i am sure mayor White will want it the second half of the year for Christmas. ;)

Edited by TJones

Judge Eckels should have received the award too.

They only give out two a year. Since White was the driving force he got the award. Voitier was the driving force on the NOLA end. Eckels was a tag-a-long who never intended to really serve the county. I can't imagine Caroline Kennedy giving a Courage award to a man with little or no backbone.

I am sure that Mayor White will send his award off to have Judge Robert Echols name put on it as well, Yes ?

From my thread:

They only give out two a year. Since White was the driving force he got the award. Voitier was the driving force on the NOLA end. Eckels was a tag-a-long who never intended to really serve the county. I can't imagine Caroline Kennedy giving a Courage award to a man with little or no backbone.

Nmain, you hear that "popping" sound ? That's your head coming out of your arse! Tag-A-Long indeed. <_<